Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy-Doody Soldiers...

Now We all Can Do Wheelies and Stoppies, Is there any Hot-Shit Pilots Out There That Know THe Intricacies Of Performing a "Rapid Response" U Turn On The Fly?

Forget Crash-Stop/Half Donut suggestions. Any Tried 'n Tested Solutions Will Be Welcome.

I Donna Wanna Read any shit that defies the basic laws of science.

So Come On, Lets Spew it in now you's Experts..Ya Never Know When We Might Need This....BB:mk:

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Green Lantern! With two reasonable answers posted by you an'
radioaktiv I s'pose pics would be good for this like Spyder sez.

But I found a post on here abt Rev-Actin-Rotors which has really grabbed my Attn and until sumbody can do a short mpg or picture story post of ideas in action I'm gonna be looking at other avenues of investigating cycle mods to aid trick ridin'

Respect Bros BB

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Man If You Talkin Tire Pressure Was That a Typo Or Did You Drop a Decimal Point?

OK OK I'm Outta Here :cfcartman: <i> Confused Of England </i>
FUc/< ()Ff y()u mUsT B3 j()/<1/\/G Lol

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
BB_DASLER said:
Hey Man If You Talkin Tire Pressure Was That a Typo Or Did You Drop a Decimal Point?

OK OK I'm Outta Here :cfcartman: <i> Confused Of England </i>
FUc/< ()Ff y()u mUsT B3 j()/<1/\/G Lol
He means 12 O'Clock bar: it's kind of like a wheelie bar, only if you're draggin it, your bike is at 12 O'Clock (straight up and down) basically, you drag that instead of your tear up your tailpiece and lights, etc.

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phew I almost Gagged in ma beer at !70+ psi:LolLolLolLol:

Many Thanks For The Translation AB I thought I was livin' in a parrallel universe.

(retreat stage right licking wounds)..No Offence meant anyway Just "wide-awake club"

Thanks BB

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
heres the two types of 12 bar. . . regular 12 bar, and a round bar (not for continually scraping the tail...just touching ground real quick)

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
but if you wanna be doing quick U turns....

i would suggest gettin on a dirtbike.

i've been watching Chris Teach Mcneil ride, since i got into stunting and hes, as far as im concerned, THE best stunter in the US. anyway he can drift a bike like NOONES business. i want to learn how to do it like he does so i've been messing around on a dirty bike.

get going in a straight line...clutch +back brake (hard)...skid it out and start leaning...rev it and slip the clutch out that'll get you spinnin out the rest of the turn, and i've even gone around once or twice on the dirtbike. i wont be able to try it on the street bikes till next year, but it will be tried!!!

:metal:

i couldnt find the best clip of him drifting, but heres a good one of him, i got off www.teachtrix.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKy-_Iccqc

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
The Green Lantern said:
dude you cant drift the 929,ive found that this is the easiest bike to do this with
well...i havent tried yet. but im sure that will be easily accomplished. i can brake the tire loose REAL easy on that.

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
929_adam said:
but if you wanna be doing quick U turns....

i would suggest gettin on a dirtbike.

i've been watching Chris Teach Mcneil ride, since i got into stunting and hes, as far as im concerned, THE best stunter in the US. anyway he can drift a bike like NOONES business. i want to learn how to do it like he does so i've been messing around on a dirty bike.

get going in a straight line...clutch +back brake (hard)...skid it out and start leaning...rev it and slip the clutch out that'll get you spinnin out the rest of the turn, and i've even gone around once or twice on the dirtbike. i wont be able to try it on the street bikes till next year, but it will be tried!!!

:metal:

i couldnt find the best clip of him drifting, but heres a good one of him, i got off www.teachtrix.net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiKy-_Iccqc
He is definitely NASTY!

On a side note... I was out on my CRF sliding around in the wet leaves today, kicking the ass end around as much as possible! :party-smiley:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,707 Posts
and were you using this method??

·
Abministrator
10,687 Posts
929_adam said:
and were you using this method??
no, I was just using the "wet leaves" method. It's pretty easy to get it going, but pretty damn hard to control it! :LolLolLolLol:

On wet leaves, if you just nail it and turn and lean forward a little, that shit is on.

But... I did practice a little on some sandy pavement by using the technique listed above...

It's amazing how quickly shit can go wrong when you're sliding around!

Didn't hit the pavement or anything, but I had enough close calls to know how easy it can happen!

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I Just Wanna take a little time out to thank you guys for the Five Star input you are giving to this thread.

With all the crud sites out there, I'ts like a breath of fresh air to meet and Jaw-Jaw with Intelligent Like-Minded Dudes about Bikes and The Riding of 'em Real Well!

I sure will spread the word about this great site.

The "Teach" Link is a real eye-opener! :rock:

Fantastic Shit...Thanks Man!

Hey to get back to the main meat of this all, mebbe we goin' about it all the wrong way.

I have dropped a link in here to a Promo DVD from the site.

Look for the scene where the guy does a stoppie while barrelling in toward the Bonnet..
( Thats Hood 4 U Lot) :D

He then gives the bike a tweak with his bodyweight and swings the ass over the center of the
*see above definition*... Shit thats Awesome!

Hell It could be the answer I was lookin' for all along.

I.E. Stoppie + Pivot 180 = I rapid response U turn on the street!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaX0HsnQo1E

Nice Rap!... Enjoy! BB

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.