1,870 Posts
hahahaha you dumb fuck lol

man, i love that subframe, dont change it

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
nice work!!
Haha. thanks for pointing that out. thats my roommates flash dryer for screen printing t-shirts. im pretty sure it has adjustable feet on it, hes just lazy.

hahahaha you dumb fuck lol

man, i love that subframe, dont change it
Thanks man. I dont plan on it. i wish i had less wires and shit so i could leave more of it exposed. As its going now, ill have to have most of it covered up. But hopefully my fairings will look pretty wicked.

·
Fully Qualified Asshole
1,870 Posts

·
183 Posts
how much boost did you plan on pushin? if your gonna fun under 11lbs i would be willing to bet the carbs can handle it. as for tuning buy bigger jets for it and take it from there

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wait.. what?

fairings? personaly im anti-plastic :shocker:
I am too. But im also anti-clutter. I hate this mass of wires and sensors on my bike. I cant stand it. I want to just swap a small block chevy in this bitch, because they only take like 5 wires to have running. Id be making them out of fiberglass, and they would be very minimal, mostly over the lower front portion of the subframe, to cover the batter and wires. Then a small hump behind the seat.

how much boost did you plan on pushin? if your gonna fun under 11lbs i would be willing to bet the carbs can handle it. as for tuning buy bigger jets for it and take it from there
I was planning on 8-10 lbs. Ill probably just get a stage 3 jet kit and go from there. I can make a manifold, and will run an intercooler, so i think it can be done.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Sounds like a plan !!:rock:
Actually did alot of research yesterday. Alot of guys on old kawasakis run turbos. Gonna try to gather up all the parts on a budget. If i can with some time to spare, im goin for it.

dude can you give me some info on how you modded your tank. was thinking the same kinda thing but donno wat to use?
No problem man. All depends on which part your talking about. For the tear drops, i took some .035" tig rod, and bent them to the shape i wanted. After i had them fitting flush on the tank, i tacked them on with a mig. Make sure when welding onto the tank, to not burn through. Im going to re-seal my tank before i am done. Radiator shops witll do it, but its rather expensive. I found some stuff called Red Seal i think, and i have heard its great, so im going to give it a shot.

The peak in the middle, is simply sheet metal welded to the top, and then then ground down, checked for pinholes, welded and ground again, and done.

The hard lines on the side of the tank are again the tig rod tacked onto the factory lines. Hope you have a good eye, its tedious to make things match. After i was happy with where it sat, i welded it al in with a mig.

Now everywhere i welded on the tank, i used a fiberglass filler, with small strands of glass in it, on all the welded areas, to help seal any pinholes i may have missed. So between the glass filler, and sealing the tank, i think i should be fine.

Then onto the bottom. I simply had the tank bolted where it sits, and made the filler pieces for the sides, to bring the side of the tank to the frame to cover up the pinch. I made them out of 18g sheet metal. Tacked it in place, then formed it to meet the frame flush. Flipped the tank over, and put in some tabs to hold the sides where they need to be.

As far as the tank now, you see it in icing. Ive already sanded it all down,and the icing is the last step before primer. I may need to spot ice one more time if i find any imperfections.

If you check out my previous build, before i entered the buildoff, i have pictures of everything i did up to this point. Here is the link, and i started you on page 3, where i started on the tank. Here is the link. http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10206&page=3

Anymore questions, lemme know. Glad to help.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
So i have a question, or a poll if you will. I like the exposed subframe, but then again, i like my idea for fairings. What do you guys think i should do? Exposed frame with just the tail behind the seat, or the minimal fairings? note - if i do exposed subframe, id make the tank meet the subframe.

or

let me know.

·
Customfighters UK
4,350 Posts
EXPOSUREIZATIZE IT

nice sub y cover it imo :D

hope ya not thinkin of using them sccccizzerz az a rear brake an makin a masking tape chain gaurd :D

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I really like the look of it with the tail fairings. They flow into the tank and make it look like one peice.
True. helps make everything tie together. i actually have played with the idea of making it all one piece. Tank and tail, so it all unbolts as one. Whatdya think about that? Then just bolt in the undertail. then again, i dont have all the metal fab tools i used to, and i dont like bonding glass to metal, so i may just glass it. still tie in well though

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tail looks GREAT. i dig it
awesome. It was really an experiment for me. i really like how its turning out. im going to chop the bottom excess off tomorrow and see how it flows. ill also bring the tank back so we can get an idea of what itll look like.

·
JON E. ROTTEN
7,694 Posts
looks very good, I like the shape of the tail

1 - 20 of 419 Posts