Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

361 - 380 of 419 Posts

·
Fully Qualified Asshole
1,870 Posts
when you first showed up with that crazy subframe it was cool and had potential and you know although i havnt said much during the build ive been watching it almost non stop.

now the is my favorite CBR build and in my top cf.com builds.

congratz on the win, it wont be the last haha

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
Thanks for all the kind words guys(and gal). It really keeps me plugging along at it, even when it seems all odds are against me. I honestly did not expect to even do anything remotely decent when I entered, it was just a way for me to get my butt in gear to get the bike going. I think I have trumped what I had initially planned on doing. BUT, I could have not done it without the support, information, opinions, and overall encouragement I have gotten from everyone on this forum.

Still have a bit of fiddling to do, but its getting there. I think I will have everything but gauges done by the end of the buildoff. Who needs to know how fast they are going anyway...

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #369 ·
Ok, so I am trying to figure out taillight and license plate issue, and I think I am left with(trying to get hassled the LEAST by cops), mounting it where factory shit mounts. Right off the end of my tail, under the exhaust. I was wondering what you guys though about either this setup...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1205|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Or, something to kind of match the lines more, like...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTO...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

or something like this(which I think matches the lines really well)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTO...c0.m245&_trkparms=72:1171|65:12|39:1|240:1318

Now license plate wise, I think either mounting it off the tail, or off the swingarm right infront of the tire. I think infront of the tire would be hard to see, and might get me hassled. Now I also thought about making a bracket to hang it off one side, or a bracket that wraps around and it sits right behind the back wheel, very low profile, almost like a hugger, but only the plate(maybe taillight). What do you guys think? And legally, do you HAVE to have signals in Washington, or can I just rock my hands(which I do anyway so cagers see me)?

·
KING SHIT OF FUCK ISLAND
6,159 Posts
Just hang your plate under your exhaust.. Not much room for creativity there. It won't look bad at all.

Was thinkin maybe something like this for tail lights.. Try to figure it out, like a 5 minute ms paint abortion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow. what a beatiful bike. I'm new here but I recently went through your build thread and you've seriously done some great work man. killer bike.

I do have one question though... I know you don't have your long term seat ready yet, but how is it having the exhaust right underneath your seat without much in between? Any problems with heat? just curious. Thanks.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
i love when people just have to sign up to post because of someones build thread! great work fatty!

and welcome bandit.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
Wow. what a beatiful bike. I'm new here but I recently went through your build thread and you've seriously done some great work man. killer bike.

I do have one question though... I know you don't have your long term seat ready yet, but how is it having the exhaust right underneath your seat without much in between? Any problems with heat? just curious. Thanks.
Thanks a ton man. I rode the bike for about 30 min straight, both cruising in town and ripping it a little, while not running completely right, it was not hot at all. I can hold my hand on the can right after riding, and its barely warm. I also have heat-wrapped my tailpipe. I am working on the seat pan right now, and will be putting a layer of heat wrap type material from ROT10 on it to, just for added protection.

i love when people just have to sign up to post because of someones build thread! great work fatty!

and welcome bandit.
Thankyou thankyou... do I hear rep? :rock:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Glad to hear it Fathead. I really like the minimalistic look you got goin for the tail.

And to adam... good call. was planning on just usin the forum for info and such and not becomin a member til i got my hands on a bike... but yeah...

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
... good call. was planning on just usin the forum for info and such and not becomin a member til i got my hands on a bike... but yeah...
lol believe it or not, thats what i had originally planned on doing too... 15+K posts later :D

·
Registered
495 Posts
I dont know if you fixed the problem, but I had the same problem tih low end stumbling and backfiring on my f2 and I got the carbs dialed in and it ran great.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Hey dude I don't think I mentioned recently how awesome I think your build is. I absolutely LOVE your tail. Overall I think you did a good job of cleaning stuff up. Again I really love the tail. That quad opposed exhaust is so hot!!!

Are you coming to fighter fest? I'd love to see this bike in person....

361 - 380 of 419 Posts