Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

381 - 400 of 419 Posts

·
FAT IS THE NEW SKINNY!!!!
3,036 Posts
sorry bro....I kinda fell behind on your build.....bike looks fuckin awesome and congrats on your trophy.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #383 ·
I wish I could come to Fighterfest, but I mapquested it, and its something like 40hrs. My back can't take that. We need a West Coast Fighterfest. Real bad.

I keep trying to get ahold of the state patrol about the license plate laws. I talked to a cop and a sheriff, and they said that I can mount it vertically, and in that case, its coming off my swinger(I don't want anything off the tail). I talked to another cop and said you cant. So I'm waiting over a week now after numerous phone calls trying to talk to a state patrol about the situation.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #386 · (Edited)
Go talk to one of the guys who said yes, and get them to write you a note w/ their badge # and signature. ?
Good luck getting a cop to sign anything. Then if I get pulled for it, its their ass. I'll try though

Taillight?
Either dual LED flexible strips on the curved subframe bars, or an LED strip above the license plate. Which would be mounted vertically behind the rear brake on the right side of the swinger. I'm probably doing the dual ones on the subframe bars. I haven't ordered them yet because I don't know where my plate is going. If it HAS to stay horizontal, I might have to mount it from my tail, which I REALLY don't want to do. Last thing I want is cop attention though...

I wonder if I could get away with mounting the plate to the back of my helmet... hmmmm...

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
Just use these 2 items and tail light solved

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #389 · (Edited)
Well I just talked to the chief of police here, and he also rides. A Harley, but still... anyway. This is the same chief that gave me permission to ride for a full day with no lights or gauges or plates. He said that he sees them mounted vertically, and that some of the new Harleys are mounted vertically. So, I am taking that as a "yeah its legal" because if I get a ticket, I will say that the chief said it was ok. I'll try to get it in writing, but this is a start. Now, I have to figure if I want the taillights on the license plate bracket, or if I want to put it on the subframe.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #391 · (Edited)

·
Captain Missing Sandwich
4,379 Posts
bow chicka wow wow.... I had mine pretty similar, but on the left side and no curve. I think it looks good with the curve, and if it hides the caliper from the back, that's a little bonus.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,634 Posts
its illegal. i hate sidemounted plates...but thats just me. . . i dont even run a plate ;) jk

·
GURU
1,496 Posts
dont know if i've said anything about your build yet, but ive been following it for a while and it looks awesome. great job man

So this is what I'm thinking... (notice the plate and the subframe led strips)

Opinions?
i really like those strips there. i may steal that idea this winter when i do my new tail section. i dont mind the tag either but if you dont want it on your tail then you should check out ZRO's tag mount it looks pretty awesome. ill find a pic.

·
GURU
1,496 Posts

i guess you cant see it very well from this angle but you get the idea

edit:

here's a little better view

·
Dumpster Diver
1,461 Posts
You can buy that plate mount from Roaring Toys

381 - 400 of 419 Posts