Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story of the bike. Its a 96 f3, bought it after seeing it behind the local bike shop with no fairings and the purple/yellow tank. It had been laid over, and had not run in 6 years. First night is spent 13hrs straight, pulling it apart, rebuilt the carbs, got a battery and stuff in it. Then flat blacked everything but the engine, and gloss blacked it. I then decided to do this the right way, and within 3 hrs had it all torn apart.

The plan for this is solo tail, what little body work will be on it, will all be sheetmetal. Everything will be either flat black, gloss black, or any color as long as its black. On that note, i need a name, so throw some ideas out there. Anyway, here it goes.

before i decided to tear it all back apart.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First night at the shop. Hacked off the subframe, stripped the tank. Flipped the clip ons to opposite sides and upside down underneath the triple. Tacked on the square tubing for the general idea of the rear.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BTW - sorry for the pics. camera sucks balls. its my work camera. you have to be more still than a statue for it not to be blurry.

Got the supports tacked it. Everything welded up. Started playing with some cardboard to see what i wanna do with the speed hump/tail section. Then started tacking stuff up. Note - speed hump is just sitting on there.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And a few pics of how it should look with me on the thing.

and my jackass awkward smile

:knucks:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I like it man, looks good

the bike, not the smile :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
agreed. that'll be cool man. good vision on it. now...do work!!

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
i think this is kinda the idea im going for the bike. im not sure what im doing for the rear fender, but shoot some comments my way. all comments and ideas shoot my way. oh yeah, 2 questions. 1. is there anyone that makes like mini batteries for bikes. or sealed batteries. mine is too big, i want a smaller one. and 2. well, i guess 2 isnt a question. im going to be adding an extra skin on the tank. it will have a peak down the middle of the tank, to match the speed hump.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Loose the fender idea or mount it to the swinger, ala hugger style. I'm not a huge fan of them either way, but that's me. I like what you got going on so far. Fender might look out of place. Like the idea of peaking the tank though. That could be cool.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Loose the fender idea or mount it to the swinger, ala hugger style. I'm not a huge fan of them either way, but that's me. I like what you got going on so far. Fender might look out of place. Like the idea of peaking the tank though. That could be cool.
well right now the idea was some tubing attached to the rear of the swingarm and the fender off that. what were you thinking? or should i just loose it all together? the whole underside of the tail will all be sealed up and i dont plan on riding it when its nasty out. thats what i have my truck for :rock:

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yeah, pretty sure im gonna leave the tire open. ill have an undertail, so that will keep everything nice and dry. one thing is, i love the skinny tail, i just think i have too much crap to hide in there. so i played with some construction paper, a few ideas. ill upload pics in a few hours.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
well, like i said, i was like a 1st grader today playin with construction paper(folders cut up) and came up with this. Im thinking i like a little more underneath the tail, so i can hide stuff, such as the battery, relays, fuel pump, regulator, etc. I think im ditching the fender idea all together, but as my buddy suggested, cut up my stock rear fender and see what happens. I like the open idea of the center, being able to see the shock, makes it not seem soo bulky. I really wish i had an english wheel so i could make some of this shit flow like i want. Anyway, shoot some comments, ideas, do's and dont's my way please!

Keep in mind i will probably be running a bellypan so it shouldnt look soo bulky in the back with that, perhaps some rad covers on the sides, and my acerbis headlight in a custom housing.

and this is my tank. i really want to create some hard lines on it, make it more aggressive. this is some tig wire, but i dont have a tig. i was going to just mig it on, but i really dont wanna take the time, and end up warping the shit outta it. So i may just build it with upol. Im also going to bring the edges to the frame, so you cant see the pinch.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts