Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 339 Posts

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd post up in here, in a continued build thread. This way people can leave comments on my further building without having to go to my build discussion. So here is what has been done since the end of the buildoff.

Made a legit seat.

Won 2nd place behind a $25k+ chopper.

Got it registered and made a tag bracket.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Just got back from another little ride up the grade. I think I have the rear suspension set a little too stiff. I seem to bounce a little. Then again, the road sucks, but I'm going to soften it up a little, see how it feels. Anyway, snapped a few cell pics. Still hesitant about pushing it on these corners, there was gravel there a week ago...

·
V4's FTW
10,494 Posts
Have you set your sag? Do a google search for "set sag", Sport Rider has a good how-to article.

Since you said it's bouncy, you probably need to dial in more rebound damping(the adjuster at the bottom of the shock, & the little adjuster on the fork cap). If the action is harsh over bumps, like the bumps are jarring, then you need to dial out some compression(on the res on the shock, at the bottom of the fork).

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have you set your sag? Do a google search for "set sag", Sport Rider has a good how-to article.

Since you said it's bouncy, you probably need to dial in more rebound damping(the adjuster at the bottom of the shock, & the little adjuster on the fork cap). If the action is harsh over bumps, like the bumps are jarring, then you need to dial out some compression(on the res on the shock, at the bottom of the fork).
Thanks a ton man. Repped ya for that. I will definitely look into it and try to dial that in for sure. Thanks again.

Always loved your build mang, though I reckon it needs a slightly funkier headlight.
Thanks. I have thought that it might need some crazy headlight because everything else is a little crazy on it. Might play around with the idea of an angry eye headlight cover or maybe a gixxer light. We will see. I would like a projector. :rock:

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
fuck, were you born in 1985? that makes me older than you. stink.....

bike looks killer, man...definitely shows what can be done when you just wanna make people freak out

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By far the coolest Hurricane I've ever seen.
Def. a badass Honda
i love the exaust
fuck, were you born in 1985? that makes me older than you. stink.....

bike looks killer, man...definitely shows what can be done when you just wanna make people freak out
Awesome. Best CBR I've ever seen.
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments :rock:.

But, to those saying badass honda/cbr/hurricane, if you haven't already, check out meatpopsicle's CBR. It fucking kicks ass too.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,575 Posts
why the fuck is it in a show on a trailer?! :wtf: NO TRAILER BIKES! LOL

still looks great btw. glad your riding it and still improving.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
why the fuck is it in a show on a trailer?! :wtf: NO TRAILER BIKES! LOL

still looks great btw. glad your riding it and still improving.
Because it wasn't licensed, and didn't have a taillight :) Plus, it was an excuse to drive the Trans Am to tow it, which took first place btw.

And thanks. Still working out some kinks but its getting real close to a daily rider.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Picked up some little red LED's today. See if I can make them work. I wanna get this bitch on the road!

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Snapped a few pics on the phone today. Took a decent little ride too. I tried to set up the bike like an f2, with no fuel pump, and I eliminated the ram air solenoid, yet still have the ram air setup. I think it runs out of fuel after riding it hard for a bit. It starts to stumble a bit. I think it needs the fuel pump again. So I might try to sneak that back in there. Also still trying to think of an idea for a taillight. Might hack the shit outta my tail and see what I can build back there. So here are 2 pics.

·
Flashburnt
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And a bit further. This time, no fuel starvation type issues. Stumps me. WTF right?! Did find one odd sound, but I think its my clutch cable on my headlight bucket. I did the first step of the suspension tuning. It feels a bit better. The ride tonight was about 30 miles though. It doesn't sound like much, but on a bike that hadn't been ridden for 6 years when I first got it, then modded the shit out of everything, I'm a little hesitant pushing it long distances yet. But its getting there.

This is a view of what is up at the top of the 1st and 2nd grade. Its nothing but wide open hills and fields with windy roads throughout. Lots of crazy old 1800's buildings, like old barns, little old shanty houses and whatnot. Pretty cool.

Now I need to start taking a real camera, instead of using my damn phone.

1 - 20 of 339 Posts