Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have more than a few favorites. I have met and hung out with several. I have to say that as far as profesionals, racers are GREAT to thier fans !!

My hero and deff. one of my favorites = Freddie spencer !!! :D I always admired his skills esp. in the rain !!

·
GURU
1,858 Posts
I really don't have a favorite and thats only cause I don't follow racing much. But it's good that their not these snobs that their notoriety has gone to their heads. Maybe cause they now that they're not invinsible.... except for Stoner.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^^ Untill the avator ^^^^ I didn't put 2 + 2 togeather ^^^^

Your Old man rodger ??? hahahahaha:rock:

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Haden family are locals and familar faces around here. They hung out in the pits and talk and kick it with folks.Tooled around on pit bikes taking to folks. Great peoples, verry down to earth, and LIVED at all the tracks they could. They can ride it all. Dirt ovals too !! One of my cocktail waitresses was his umbrella girl for awhile and made the AMA umbrella girl calandar. Nicky's My stepson's idol, he watched his progress and said , he always knew he was the man. hahaha

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
The Florida club circuit was great for that. I watch AMA races and say, "Hey, I borrowed a socket from that guy"

Of course no one cares :( But you're right Catman
Racers are generally really cool
I guess they're not annoyed by fans because they don't have as many! Haha

You gotta wonder how Rossi or Mladin treats people

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Florida club circuit was great for that. I watch AMA races and say, "Hey, I borrowed a socket from that guy"

Of course no one cares :( But you're right Catman
Racers are generally really cool
I guess they're not annoyed by fans because they don't have as many! Haha

You gotta wonder how Rossi or Mladin treats people
I met Matt Mladin , and Duhamell at a Superbike race and Either Mladin wasn't into it or he was WAY focused, but Duhamell ( spell ) was great and his parents were there in his pit too. Anyoine know what legend helped out in the pits with Haden and Duhamell when they were teammates ???

Jake zempkee gave my stepson a hat,t shirt ,autograff poster and sprayed him with champane all over on camera, because he won and the boy told him in the pits before hand that this was HIS day, and Jake gave him the biggest smile and remembered what he said. ( these things we will never forget )

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Jake zempkee gave my stepson a hat,t shirt ,autograff poster and sprayed him with champane all over on camera, because he won and the boy told him in the pits before hand that this was HIS day, and Jake gave him the biggest smile and remembered what he said. ( these things we will never forget )
Cool story man!

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool story man!
It was exactly what i explained to my ex and him.
I was sooooo proud to be turnin them on to this sport that day !!!
It's funny, There used to be racing on all night on speed and he, and i would stay up and watch all night, till like 3am or somethin. He LOVES Jake too and likes to root for him, He's always rooted for Rodger lee too !

·
890 Posts
I have a lot of respect for someone like Rossi in the sense that he can appear so approachable and "fun" when the pressure of trying to stay the best in the world must be freakin enormous.

Look at **** Doohan before him - he's a great guy but was portrayed as an ass by the media because he didn't have time to play up to them or make friends with everyone he met. But that was his thing - and he won 5 world titles so I guess he knew what he had to do.

I guess it's not realistic to expect top sportsmen to always be great human beings as well.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a lot of respect for someone like Rossi in the sense that he can appear so approachable and "fun" when the pressure of trying to stay the best in the world must be freakin enormous.

Look at **** Doohan before him - he's a great guy but was portrayed as an ass by the media because he didn't have time to play up to them or make friends with everyone he met. But that was his thing - and he won 5 world titles so I guess he knew what he had to do.

I guess it's not realistic to expect top sportsmen to always be great human beings as well.
I hear ya, This sport is riddled with good people, there's a certain amout of vanity missing,and this aint no TEAM sport, that I appreciate !!

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
favorite racers based on personal experiences. and not in any order

bostrom brother's - a great pair and very down to earth, super polite

steve crevier - funny fellow who is into joking around and super nice
guy. did i mention he loved Superbeast when he saw
it at bikeweek?

yates - cool cat. mellow and easy going. very interested in talking
when it comes to bike/track setups and having fun with the
bike while out on the track (though i don't know how to
explain his "out of character" episodes)

hodgson - yes very great guy also into joking about, especially when
busting on his teamates (bostroms of different years) he
accused eric of being quite a fruit. shame he hasn't
landed a permanent ride yet

kenny sr. - met him last year and was suprised how nice he was to
talk to. not at all what i was expecting

jason pridmore - an absolute great character also into joking around.
we raced against his gas golf cart with our electric
one at VIR. we took the launch but lost by the end.

pascal picotte - great guy and definetly a hard worker when it comes
to his racing career. shame he landed on those
harleys for so long.

aaron gobert - great guy. talked with us for a while at indy. good
personality. and again down to earth like an average
joe.

josh hayes, zemke, spies, chandler, mladin, schwantz - had good
experiences with all of them.

kurtis, duhamel, haydens - have had good and bad experiences with these guys.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,722 Posts
i know this wicked cool racer named steve from china...china steve. hes a super fuckin cool guy. wicked nice. wicked positive. all about helping out his fellow racers. . .

which is basically how every racer i've ever met was...granted i only talk to people on the small local circuit. but those guys are all so nice. i love going up to the track!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts