Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking on buying a 98 GSXR with no title and parting it out but I wanna gauge interest first. It's got a complete front end, swingarm, rear wheel, engine(dont know condition or mileage yet), gauges, decent gas tank(needs paint no bad dents), etc. The guy lives close by. Anyone interested?

Here's pictures:

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: FEELER: 1998 GSX-R 750 Part Out

I just checked ebay and theres a frame with no title for $330 or so. I would sell mine for $200. The tank looks like theres no bad dents or anything, just needs paint. I'd let that go for $50. Id sell both for $230 to the right CF member wink wink.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I think $380 for the complete front end is fair. Does that sound fair to yall? If I get it though it would really only be so I could keep the front end and I'd probably sell the other parts to recoup some of the expense. If I didnt get close enough to my money back I might be more inclined to sell the front end.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

It would be for everything. From the clip ons to the fender to the controls. Ok so I might put it up for a little more than that and see how it does. I know the newer K76 GSXR front ends are around $1000 complete but theyre a lot newer. These are still hot shit but I didnt know how many people were interested in an older USD setup. I think $380 is more than fair as well but I DID just have to let my CBR600RR front ends go for $350. It wasnt nearly as complete but still, kida crazy. People just dont wanna pay for parts anymore.

Ok well I got the guys number. Im gonna give Him a call and see what I can do.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry guys Ive been grossly misinformed. Heres the FACTS:

-It's NOT a 1998, it's a 1992 GSX-R 750...which is kinda way more awesome if you ask me.
-It DOES have a clean Va. title which is again, more awesome.
-It also runs supposedly.
-In short, it's a running 1992 GSXR 750 oil boiler with a clean title. It still has a USD front end though which is cool. I'm leaving in a few to possibly buy it. I'm gonna edit the thread title. If you're still interested in parts OR the entire bike please let me know. I really don't mind keeping it at all but I'd rather have the money and the SV is enough of a project for me. If I get it I'll have pics up tonight.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay so I bought it! Pics have been added. Its missing quite a bit of parts though. For whatever reason along the way someone decided to remove the front right brake rotor and caliper. It's also missing the carbs, passenger pegs(the right peg shown is not for this bike and doesnt fit). I DO however have the main nose fairing and a one piece race tail for it. I believe the wheels are chrome and have some pitting. Please PM me if you want anything off of it along with your city, state and zip code...I kinda wanna keep the frame and swinger and a few other bits for a 7/11 project down the road but we'll see. Everythings for sale.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
sweet deal. wish i had dough. everyone loves an old skool 711 fighter

Reactions: Jackstand Johnny

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Just curious of what the motor would go for. I've got a friend coming down to visit from VA and if the price is right and things are right on my end it might be a possibility for a plan I for down the road

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know I'm really sorry about the mix up man. The guy I bought it from first told me it was a 98 with no title. THEN He told me it was a 92 WITH a title that ran. I got there and there was no ignition, carbs or battery...so I dont know where the fuck He got the idea from that it ran but I can assure you it IS a 1992 and it doesnt run at this time. Again, sorry about the mix up.

Honestly though I'm happier that it's a 92. I'd rather have a 92 with that great stance and simple and thin frame and tank than the 98 with the really big, broad and kinda ugly(im my opinion) 98 frame. I'm happy I got it. I dont know how much more sought after this year is over the 98 as far as parts and what not go but I've seen a LOT of this late 80's/early 90's GSXR's as streetfighters and they're some of the coolest fighters I've seen.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
I know I'm really sorry about the mix up man. The guy I bought it from first told me it was a 98 with no title. THEN He told me it was a 92 WITH a title that ran. I got there and there was no ignition, carbs or battery...so I dont know where the fuck He got the idea from that it ran but I can assure you it IS a 1992 and it doesnt run at this time. Again, sorry about the mix up.

Honestly though I'm happier that it's a 92. I'd rather have a 92 with that great stance and simple and thin frame and tank than the 98 with the really big, broad and kinda ugly(im my opinion) 98 frame. I'm happy I got it. I dont know how much more sought after this year is over the 98 as far as parts and what not go but I've seen a LOT of this late 80's/early 90's GSXR's as streetfighters and they're some of the coolest fighters I've seen.

im stoked youre happy with it! we just differ in taste. i like the wildebeest frame, makes it looks chunky nasty, and i love it. trade my bandit frame for a bertha anyday!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts