Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive seen it talked about, some say yes, some say no, but the google machine hasnt given me any concrete. i have my carbed b6 engine out, and was thinking how cool it would be to have an FI 6/7/10 would be.

i do know all oil boilers fit. but how big of a deal would it be to get an FI motor to bolt up?

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
It'd be sweet. I mean, you'd get a huge power gain and a lot newer of an engine but if you can easily shove a bullet proof oil cooled engine in there I say thats the way to go but hey, it's your build and youve got a steel frame to work with...yeah it'd be pretty fuckin' cool.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
That bandit with a k1 1000 motor was in streetfighter a mag. He had to notch the frame and have the motor offset by 25mm and so was the wheel. It's not all that hard to do. You need to decide if you are going to put a 180 or 190 rear tire on first though as that will mean a wheel and swingarm swap. And as long as you have the front sprocket where it needs to be and the angle of the motor right then make the brackets and weld it up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: NeverEnough
G

·
I saw the article somewhere & imho ofsetting the motor is a really bad idea ;)

A 1200 bandit 5.5" wheel goes straight in a bandit 6 swingarm getting you a 180 tyre, slingshot 5.5" also go with the correct caliper hanger & spacers

1200 bandit rear end (arm wheel shock etc) is a direct swap into a 600 bandit, older gsxr stuff is no real hassle & busa or later gsxr stuff can be made to fit with work :D

·
lb/hp is what it's about!
10,448 Posts
Can't be too bad. I recently saw a picture of someone putting k4/k5 motor iirc into a katana frame. Looked like it fit pretty well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts