Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Atlanta StreetFighter
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what i want to do. ive got a 2006 gsxr 600 (fi) gas tank that i would like to fit onto my 92 gsxr 1100 (carb). as far as making it fit ill make that happen one way or the other. my question is who all has converted a fuel injected tank and fitted a petcock so it can be used with a carb setup? anything particular i need to know? obviously i wont need the fuel pump (its already been removed). is it as simple as installing a petcock (going with a pingle) or is there more to it?

google searches show mainly HD guys doing this and pingle makes a conversion kit for them. sport bikes guys seem to go the other way so not much info on parts (if i even need any beyond the petcock).

be gentle, im a fast learner but i know very little about this so if i sound like i dont know what im talking about its because i don't.

THANKS, guys!

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
though I must say it would probably run better on FI. and not worth all the hassle

·
Atlanta StreetFighter
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea. The fuel pump is already removed on the tank. I'm just going to weld a plate to deal that and Pingle makes a weld able bung that their petcock will just screw into. Then I'll just use their vaccum controlled petcock to finish the job. Hardest part will be getting the tank on the frame I imagine

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts