Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to make a fibre class enclosure to cover the back of my clocks. The main reason for this is to try and make them as waterproof as possible to make make them look a bit better as I won't be fitting a fly screen for a while. For this reason I am not fussed what the inside of the cover looks like.

My question is, what can I use to cover the back of the clocks to release the cover once it has dried. As I said, I am not fussed what the inside of the cover will look like as no-one will see it anyway, so it doesn't matter if it comes away with the mould.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,373 Posts
I don't think the color matters. You just want a nice slick surface. Don't use paper tape, like masking tape.

Once you cover the gauges with whatever you decide, wax it a few times, like you would wax a car. You want to try to fill in any small pours and make the surface smooth and slippery.

G

·
its just as easy to make a wooden plug the shape of the cover you need then wax or tape & wax it to make your mold off, this way you can make the plug oversized by the thickness of the glass so the finished product will actually be the right size

make sure the sides slope slightly & there are no undercuts or you will never get the job out, a split mold could help if you really have to have an undercut

1 - 6 of 6 Posts