Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently stationed over seas in the navy. anyways I used to have a fz8 which I rode to Alaska and I miss that riding style (yes I know I bought an R1... its my dream bike). anyways I next time I go home I wont have enough time to fiddle with taking the flairings off and making it a complete naked/fighter, but I do plan on swapping the top yoke... getting new bars and brake lines. I was wondering if I will need to get an extended throttle or clutch cable. and if you guys know of any other problems, ideas, exc exc it would be much apprieciated. thanks :)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
You probably will need nee brake lines as throttle cables with dirt bars. Where you stationed? I'm currently deployed to spain

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,379 Posts
It depends on how high and wide the bars are. You may be able to get away with rerouting the throttle cable and clutch cable. Brake lines will likely need to be replaced. The FZ pieces may swap and give you a few inches, or other Yamaha pieces may work.

repped both of you for your service. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I'm a BU, what about yourself? I know a few guys that were deployed there in about 2010, I got to my battalion right after they got back so never got to experience it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BU im jealous!! lol im an MA... yea its a small base other then the camps... the security department is the biggest on base.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
I have dirty bars and risers with a significant rise over stock on my SV. I was able to use the stock throttle cable and simply bent the throttle cable barrel mount bracket on my carbs which Gabe me a lot of extra room. On the same note, my bike had standard bars stock and the way my throttle cables mount with the bracket on the carbs are probably completely different cause its a twin cylinder.

You'll almost definitely need new cables and brake lines since tour bike has clip one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts