Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have been looking around and going to be using 7\8 renthal street fighter bars and maine only needs one mirror to be legal. How many of you use one over two on your fighters? And is it even worth it?

·
science bitch
1,022 Posts
I only use one bar end mirror on my bike. I don't mind it at all, I really only use my mirror to see if there's anyone behind me, or coming up quick on me while I'm stopped at a light or in traffic. Other then that is all head checks for lane changes.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I like having two, but really just more personal preference. Most states only require you to have one.

It's a good habit to always turn your head and lane check though. Ebay is full of cheap bar-ends. They're decent enough, the main issue is the little tapered nut that clamps them to the inside of the bar is very easy to strip. I've ended up getting a slightly longer bolt and using a regular steel nut behind the tapered thing.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,172 Posts
I have been running mirrorless (not legal) for a while now as I never used them and didn't install to the new bars.

I always turn around (every so often when going straight as well) and make sure I am looking at where I need to go and what I should see.

Before that, I was running a single mirror on the right side to be able to see behind me and to keep a check on the slower lanes.

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
30,382 Posts
I have 2 round mirrors on my hand guards that virtually make the bike legal and that's all they're good for. I'll be changing them up at some point with 2 bar end mirrors.
Pictures please

1 - 8 of 8 Posts