Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or do you all have different bike gear for your fighter as opposed to your sports bikes or whatever?

I normally run a black 1 piece on sports bikes, but now my gsxr is being fightered, i find myself trawling ebay for more "fighter" style clothing....

Im not talking Simpson helmets and camo here, but like Kevlar jeans and a short jacket, and a lairy looking lid....

not just me is it?!

Also, while on the subject, i love the look of the ICON variant Battlescar, but what is that peak like when your up over 70+mph?? I had an Arai Tour and a Spada sting, and they were horrendous at uk Motorway speeds, literally snap ya neck round the second you tried to raise your head to do a shoulder check...

Opinions, reviews and general fat chewing welcome!

·
The Hell You Say!!
2,956 Posts
I have a real nice HJC helmet and a really nice jacket that I used to wear with my other bikes, but I wear a Speed and Strength mesh jacket with a PGR helmet. The helmet change is because my bike has no wind protection and the helmet is more aerodynamic.

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
Hjc helmet, A-star short jacket, gloves, jeans and skate shoes with all my street bikes, even my old chopper lol.

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
i wear a 1 piece enduro suit for all my bikes

enduros
cruisers
streetfighters
crotch rockets
even quadding when its not muddy

btw, it smells.

also wear shift streetriding boots that i bought from paul. best $30 i spent in my life.

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
Leather jacket... Hoping to get a mesh one for this summer
Hjc or bell lid... Always looking for a better helmet
Kevlar or camo pants... Because that's what I wear day to day
Steel toe work boots
Joe rocket full gauntlet gloves also have icon mesh armoured gloves for the summer

I'm always trying to upgrade my gear
Some for a look at times but normally for better comfort and higher safety ratings

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i pulled the trigger yesterday on a pair of Kevlar jeans, and a short more casual textile jacket, gonna hold off on the lid, i either want a Nexx XR2 carbon with white pinstripe, or a Icon Variant Battlescar... but i cant drop £300+ on a new lid until the bikes finished!

Glad its not just me thats addicted to buying shit ( for me and the bike )!

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
Well i pulled the trigger yesterday on a pair of Kevlar jeans, and a short more casual textile jacket, gonna hold off on the lid, i either want a Nexx XR2 carbon with white pinstripe, or a Icon Variant Battlescar... but i cant drop £300+ on a new lid until the bikes finished!

Glad its not just me thats addicted to buying shit ( for me and the bike )!
keep on eye out on ebay for the variant. youll find some used in good shape and save some money. or if u get lucky u may find a closeout item and get a sweet deal on a new one, that how i got my brother his helmet. paid a little more than half price. i love mine. old pic VV the bike is much more destroyed now.

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Sidi boots, Astars Jacket, HJC carbon helmet, gauntlet gloves. Knee/shin protection if I'm doing anything spirited.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Alpinestars SMX-2 boots, instead of regular work boots I usually wear. Should have them in a few days, I'll probably put a review up. I almost went for the Variant helmet but the fairly steep price and mixed reviews about the shield and visor kind of put me off. Went for the Airmada instead.

Otherwise bare minimum is my helmet, jacket, gloves, long pants and work boots. For any decent ride I'll wear my kevlar jeans, riding boots, and knee/shin guards.

·
160 Posts
Airbrushed Bandit XXR, Carbon XXR or Carbon Crystal, depends on the mood i am in, RST TracTech textile jacket, A Stars jacket or MA2 if i am wearing my Dainese body armour vest, kevlar jeans and RST Stunt boot.
Arlen Ness 2 pce, Arai RX7GP, Sidi Vertibre, A Stars GP Pro gloves and most importantly Dainese back protector when i am out for a blat.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just pulled the trigger on a pair of Alpinestars SMX-2 boots, instead of regular work boots I usually wear. Should have them in a few days, I'll probably put a review up. I almost went for the Variant helmet but the fairly steep price and mixed reviews about the shield and visor kind of put me off. Went for the Airmada instead.

Otherwise bare minimum is my helmet, jacket, gloves, long pants and work boots. For any decent ride I'll wear my kevlar jeans, riding boots, and knee/shin guards.
I wear SMX 2 boots to work. Great on the bike, and great to walk around in all day.
apart from the toe sliders, they look enough like regular shoes. Had for 6 months or so, and wear them every day to work, unless it's raining, then I wear waterproof boots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my speed n strength seven sins jacket, icon airmada, and fox bomber gloves saved my upper half from injury after lowsiding at 75-80ish. not even any rash! cant say the same for my legs, lets just say im never wearing sneakers again when i ride (i normally wear my rocket shoes/boots but i was on my way to work, which is never a good excuse to skimp on gear). ill let u guys kno what real boots i end up getting, wont be for a while since the only wheels im gonna be on is a wheelchair till julyish. at least i can still do wheelies haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts