Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where would one start to figure out what swing arms will fit?

I would assume it would be at the mounting width to the main part of the frame?
Then the shock would be just preference?

I have a 2007 Ninja 650. I want to change up the style of the swing arm and at the same time make sure it can accommodate a wider rim for a fatter tire. Not sure what's ran on zx-6r, r6, and whatnot, but about that size would be preferred.

There from there I'd just have to get brake parts for the bike the swing arm came off of if mine don't match up.

Thanks!

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Find your swingarm pivot width, first.

After that find a list of pivot widths that are equal to or close to your stock width.

make it fit....

:fu:
Find the pivot bolt diameter of both swingarms. You may need a bushing made to make up the difference OR you'd need new bearings at the right OD and ID.

Also need to factor a brake setup. Whether you want the same or different wheels plays a factor.

The spring and linkage need a little more thought to get right. You can't just wing it when it comes to those.

·
319 Posts
You mention ZX6R if it was me I would look into the width of some different years swing arms for the ZX6R or similar kawi's with some luck you should be able to find something the same or really close in the pivot width and the axle diameter.
Then it might be a bolt on affair with the rim,brake and sprocket, just make sure the sprockets are aligned and the linkage have the same angle's/dimensions.

·
V four honda whore
12,426 Posts
you do realise that 650 has an offset shock where on ninja it's not on the side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts