Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 230 + hours and a little drama as things were finished on the last hour, I can finally ride!

List of Mods:

Hand built -subframe
-seat
-brake stay
-headlight nacelle (behind headlights)
-lowering links
-tail
-passenger peg mounts (to subframe)
-grips
-passenger pegs
-battery box with tail light and liscence plate mount
-wiring harness (modified original)
-exhaust
-baffles
-remote reservoir mount
-rear brake reservoir mount
-internally shortened forks
-front brake line holder

ALL OF THE ABOVE WERE BUILT FROM SCRAP STEEL AND STAINLESS FROM MY BUDDIES FATHER IN LAWS' MACHINE SHOP SCRAP BIN...ALL WELDING AND FAB / FINNISH WORK DONE BY ME. COST $0000000 (BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS)

Things that cost:
-HEADLIGHTS $140
-rear tire $100
-chain $100
-brake pads (all) $120
-mirror $75
-swingarm $195
-paint job $125
-powdercoating $100
-header wrap $80
-multiple spray cans $120
-rear reservoir $20
BUILD COST $1195.00

BIKE COST $1000.00

OVERAL TOTAL $2195.00

I MUST THANK MY SPONSORS FOR ALL THEIR SUPPORT THROUGHOUT THE BUILD:

-CUSTOMFIGHTERS.COM FOR THE OPPORTUNITY.

-RICK GILES AT RICKS AUTOBODY FOR THE AWESOME PAINTJOB DONE @ COST. PERFECT JOB.

-JOHN MCLEAN FROM FEEL THE STING TATTOO FOR THE INCREDIBLE ARTWORK ON THE TANK, TAIL, AND FRONT FENDER.

-STEVE BLACKWOOD AT 679-BIKE FOR THE DEALS AND SERVICE NOT JUST ON THIS BUILD BUT ANY OF MY PROJECTS.

-GREG YEREX, FOR THE EXCELLENT POWDER COATING ALSO @ COST. THE LOCAL INDIAN GURRU AND ALL AROUND MOTORCYCLE GENIUS BAR NONE.

-BRUCE WENTZEL, FOR LOANING ME THE TIG WELDER AND BIKE LIFT, AND SETTING UP THE PAINT JOB WITH RICK.

-BOB WARD FOR ALL THE ADVISE AND CIGGARETTES (EVEN THOUGH I DON'T SMOKE)

AND OF COURSE MY WIFE HEIDI FOR GIVING ME THE 230 HOURS FREE TIME AND ALLOWING MY MIND TO BE CONSUMED WITH THIS BIKE 24/7, AND STILL BEING THERE WHEN IT'S DONE.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Looks good man, I wasn't sure about the tail before but I like how it came out. Good luck! Do you have a closeup of the Maple Leaf on the front? Is that just cosmetic? And I love the maple leaf based paint job...truthfully, I didn't see that until you posted the pics without graphics!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
fucken killer

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TAHNKS HAELO BUT YOUR LUCKY I DIDN'T SEE YOURS SOONER I WOULD'VE COPPIED.. FUCKIN' HEADLIGHTS ARE THE HARDEST PART OF ANY FIGHTER... I TRIED SOMETHING NEW TOO AND KINDA COPPIED HARLEY..

DAMN caps lock.

:D

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
I think the lights would look better lower.... but its not my bike and it looks so damn cool as is

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
Haha the PIAAs are awesome lights for fighters. I agree headlights are the hardest part... just finding someone who sells them is hard enough, let alone finding ones that work and mounting them to your forks.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
endo said:
Looks good man, I wasn't sure about the tail before but I like how it came out. Good luck! Do you have a closeup of the Maple Leaf on the front? Is that just cosmetic? And I love the maple leaf based paint job...truthfully, I didn't see that until you posted the pics without graphics!

That leaf on the front was a paper weight (maybee still is!!!), a guy at work gave it to me when I told him I was gonna mount brass knuckles on that spot. The leaf is brushed brass, he said he bought it at a garage sale for a buck!!!

....G.....

:cfrocks:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,432 Posts
I like the seat. I would make something I could slap on there for long trips but I'm the type who takes long trips

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
That's fuck'n Killer. I dig it man. nice job. Is all the "chrome" that almost chrome powdercoat? Looks really good. A lot more refelective then some of the stuff I've seen localy. Again , great job man. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts