Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I joined the site earlier in the year but it just didnt feel right.

Y'see my 86 Gixxer 1100 was just sitting in my garage waiting for an opertunity to terrify the neighbours. Well, my two year restricted license is finally up and I got the beast on the road.

Lemme know what you guys think. It aint a streetfighter, but it outruns every other bike its age..... and some modern stuff too.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Spanky599/MeanMachine.jpg

And heres me ripping it up on my hornet 600. I never thought this thing would feel slow until now.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa264/Spanky599/Fast-1.jpg

Anyway, Glad to be back on the site, feel like i can finally compete with some of the great bikes on here.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Glad you stuck around and got back top postin up !!
Nice bike , bad pics :LolLolLolLol:

Glad you got your L's back !

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:D glad youre ready to be a member of society again!! :D

now start stripping em! haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nah, i aint touching the Gixxer other than to sort out some of the small details. My hornet however......... CBR600 engine ? Perhaps. Plus i'll be buying a new one soon, need summin sh1te to see me through teh scottish winter. Eats bikes alive.

Need more space in my SF.com garage.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
got any good pics of the hornet???

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
AWWWWW Absolutely gutted.

Went over to start my gixxer today only to find a small puddle of oil/fluid type material under the bike.

Was late for work so could only do a quick check. The rear shocks remote reservoir (and everything underneath) is covered in this semi-petrol smelling fluid. (then again the whole bike smells of petrol LOL). The thing is i have a petrol and oil overflow reservoir housed directly above the shock.

So...

Leaking Overflow problem or blown shock ?

I know what i'd prefer, however the creaking/groaning noise which has suddenly appeared whenever the bike is moved has shot my confidence. I'll find out when i get home from work. Wish me luck.

F-u-k-i-n-g Gutted.

The thing is karma has perhaps bitten me in the arse. About a year ago i sold my mate an old Kwak KR-1 two stroke, two days later. POP. The shock blew. Oh how these coincedences constantly kick my dangly bits in life.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
karma is a bitch, as THEY say. i personally love her, cuz she MAKES me keep myself in check...cuz i know what happens when i dont. haha

too bad about the shock...esp when ur trying to leave for work. hope things turn out in the less expensive end of things.

:D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
YES !

Overflow mixed with dry suspension bushes.

A Little bit of lube and emptying the overflow bottle sorted the problem right out.

Im still looking for a new shock though. Wonder if i could pick up a cheap ohlins.:rock:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts