Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard that right boys! Got myself the mythical unicorn, a full on GSXR1100 chopper frame from Sussex, England. I couldn't be happier. :D

Gonna machine a set of bearing cups that hold the 900RR/PM Chicane into the front end...

I kinda need a wide wheel for my wide wrinkle wall... turbo bike isn't quite done yet, and it's got stock wheels and slicks for street testing, so I think I can squeeze some miles, a quarter at a time on the weekends, outta these PM's for the time being. :D

Shinko makes these, available for $130...

This... but with a GSXR1100 engine...

And the more street going sister bike being built along side it.

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Butler still in the game, he was everywhere a few years ago?
The twin frames came by land, sea, and air, from Sussex to Madison, around 4,000 miles of travel. Gotta shoot off an email and thank 'em, we corresponded back in 2014 when I inquired originally, hoping he still built the wormburners, at least to order and was willing to deal with the shipping to the states, real nice guy, was more than happy to have them dropped off at the front door of the shop here. :D

Couldn't recommend Hardup enough, great place to get an affordable frame. :)

Put a few parts together. Won't be much modification to the bearing cups to fit this all together with the 900RR front end. I'm rather impressed how well this is going to turn out. Not really alot to do to have this bike ready for the drag strip when spring comes around.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Glad you got it okay. All I've ever read about HUC on Facebook is countless horror stories of bodged welding, debt, huge backlogs of work and the place closing down :confused: he makes some cool frames though!

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's funny, because I've heard similar, but love the style of the Wormburner and was willing to wait as long as it took. The guy is kinda sketchy at times with replying to emails, but I know how that goes myself when it comes to having so much work load and not enough time, trying to find good help is hard as hell (could account for bad welds), and getting things packaged, shipped, and making sure it doesn't dig into the ten thousand other things it takes to keep the lights on and your last sliver of sanity intact enough to keep moving forward.

Getting these two frames wasn't just perfectly smooth sailing either, but, it wasn't a nightmare. The welds look fine to me (I've no problem grinding out a little and rewelding if need be too, it's a "kit" to me, some assembly and adjusting required), the sister bike slotted together like intended, and, I personally couldn't be happier with the resulting look of mine with 900RR forks and the PM wheels. Only reason my 1127 engine isn't in the frame yet is due to the fact it's up on a high shelf and I would end up flattened by it if I tried to get it down myself. :D

Might be a few days before I get back to the build, gotta move the turbo Bandit to my brothers place, gotta keep moving on the stupid draw through turbo kit for the CB750 chopper, and I pulled a Yantosh and fell down yesterday (icy steps, moving an embroidery machine, landed flat on my ass and hurt my back and my right arm, getting old sucks) and I'm recovering from a nasty virus, pretty sure it was the flu, and I think I have the common cold now too! I just can't win.

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
GLAD TO SEE THIS HAPPENING. LEMME KNOW IF YOU WANT TO COME OUT IN THE FUTURE AND ASSIST IN PILING MY JUNK TOGETHER. FOUND A PLACE TO WORK ON IT JUST NEED MOTIVATION TO DO IT

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Started with the roller in the living room....

Finally pried the engine out of turbo bike. Why the hell not. 220hp hardtail? Fuck it, you only get one go at life, may as well have the most unruly ego bruising monstrosity on the planet while you're here. :D

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That pile of parts in the shop and the post I made to CF, it felt like it was all just mocking me as I sat at my desk last night... so I went back out, fired the radio back up, turned on all the lights, and got to it through to the AM hours. I'm properly impressed by the shape this is taking. Also impressed that everything fits like a standard Bandit, even the turbo kit designed for the standard frame Bandit 1200.

Hardup does a really decent job keeping the specs as close to the stock frame clearance points as possible for these big old air oil engines.

Aiming to go 9.8 @ 135+ at the strip (slick and wheelie bar) before the end of the summer with this thing, then pull the whole powerplant out come October and put it in the finished wheelie bike chassis.

·
1,533 Posts
I hate that no one has taken a set of those rims, flat blacked them, except the insides of the "spokes" painted that inner part some fluorescent color, and then gotta those cheap flashing led strobes in a matching color to run on them at night. it would look like the inside of a UFO. but people got no vision.

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only reason I got my hands on a set was the weight savings. Though I did see an old slabby GSXR750 with a set that were painted bright white and had red LED strips powered by battery wrapped around the hubs inside the spokes to glow like you are talking about. Hideous is an understatement for the way that bike looked with so many superbike spec parts on it and wheels with LED's. Some do have that "vision" I suppose, but it sure ain't me.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,547 Posts
Ohhhh nice! Little motivation for ya Ratty?! Bet that baby keeps your armpits fresh FF :D

Reactions: RatFighter

·
UnicycleMode
7,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been needing to expand the shop space for quite a few years now, everything motorcycle wise has been on the back burner, only been messing with a few automotive projects last year or two. Every time I am in the shop and see the frame leaning up against the wall and the A/O engine sitting on the floor with my other collection of gas eating monsters, I think to myself I really need to get back to that thing as it wasn't much to do in order to get it on the road.

I've got a walkthrough with a potential new house tomorrow (30x60 shop with 220v service and heat/air conditioning as well as a paved driveway) and if that works out as it seems it might, I'll have all the space, time, and tooling (move the machine shop, tig welder, etc. from my brothers little place to the new place) and be able to knock out all the builds that have been hanging in limbo for the past 5 fucking years. God damn it if I didn't stick my dick in the wrong chick back in 2014, shit has been a nightmare until the last 4 months or so. Between her alcoholism and my stupid ass inability to just pack her shit for her and kick her ass out of my life, I wasted a ton of time I wish I hadn't. My son makes it all worth it though... 1.2 acres with a huge fenced yard would make his childhood (go karts and dirtbikes!! :D) the best it could possibly be.

My buddy sold his wormburner project for whatever reason, I've had a few offers on mine but flat out refuse to let go of a dream bike. This thing is going to be the coolest bike (right next to WBRW (900RR) and PrizeFighter (turbo Bandit)) for my kid to discover tucked back in the storage area of the shop under a cover, just waiting for the discovery long after I return to being star dust from which I came. Finding my dad's drag logs from the early 80's after he was gone was amazing, it had day, time, air temp, surface condition, bike behavior and setup down to jetting. I might scan those up someday and show them off. Into the mind of a very successful bracket racer. The last page before it goes blank said, "something broke on launch, engine locked, primary chain?".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Afternoon dudes!

Just reading through all these comments as have just joined the forum to find old HUC builds to put on our website as we at Gasoline Ally Speedshop have taken over from HUC but are still keeping the name.

We are aware of the bad press that HUC has had in the past and probably still has and are in the process of trying to let as many people know it has changed hands. We work in the shop next to the old HUC owner, we have just finished refurbishing our frame fabrication bay and working on custom builds as we speak. Any help to get the word out would be much appreciated, we are on Instagram and Facebook also as Gasoline Ally Speedshop so give us a look up. There are 3 members of the team covering workshop, emails and office so communication and turn around is prompt.

Any questions let us know 😎✊

1 - 20 of 20 Posts