Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok its a cold and breezy day to day and I was running my gixer without ram air this summer, anyhow a ram air kit come up for sale for a car, it had loads of aluminum tube and I went at it, and all I can say is holy shit what a diferance.

air induction sound and lots more bottom end power it makes a warp warp noize....

Im thinking some of feeling of the power increase maybe just the cool weather

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
cold weather will make your bike run SOOOO nice!!

i like the idea, and am sure it really does suck more..... might look cool if you angled the ends of the tubes.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah Im thinking about that. I was thinking of getting some aluminum vollosity stacks of a V8 of and cutting them down and just having the big bell mouths at the end of the tubes...
I guess it will look like a couple of trumpets sticking out the front of the bike...

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Very nice idea.:rock:

Would you say that it ran fine in the warmer weather with out the tubes? And did it run better in the cold weather cause if the new tubes, or cause it was just colder out?

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it ran better with the tubes ....full stop!
running without the tubes sucked, I ran it before with the standard tubes cut down,
but lost one on the highway.
so ever since I was trying to come up with something

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Very cool idea. I really like a lot of the stuff you have on your bike and how you did it.....very unique.....from what I can tell. Props. :rock:

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah but what you got to understand this wasn't something I did for looks it was about performance, the power diferance is honestly night and day.
and I would recommend any one who has a streetfighter that had air induction , find away to reestablish it.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have some pipe left over Josh and some rubber

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
that sounds bad...

"I have pipe and some rubber, come by my garage and we'll get ya sorted"

I'll pass...lol...

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
yeah but what you got to understand this wasn't something I did for looks it was about performance, the power diferance is honestly night and day.
and I would recommend any one who has a streetfighter that had air induction , find away to reestablish it.
FUCKIN RIGHT JOE!!! FUNCTION OVER FORM . . .(and small compromises in between)

that sounds bad...

"I have pipe and some rubber, come by my garage and we'll get ya sorted"

I'll pass...lol...
wow. some crazy shit going on up in the north eh??

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
FUNCTION ALWAYS OVER FORM, im actually thinking of paint, but hey who needs paint,but....
anyone remember the John Player Special

Probably the last ever Norton to be seen on the race track, capable of speeds in excess of 200 mph from its rotary 500 cc engine. Winning the Senior TT in the hands of one Steve Hislop.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
THe JPS cars were a great love of mine from my youth, I had several toys of the cars,

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
DANG JOE....THAT WOULD SET THE BIKE OFF I'D THINK! :metal:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.