Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this a few months ago but made a mess of it and then whilst it was in a shit state came off in the snow smashing the tail up and kinda gave up especially in the cold weather, but last week started doing some work again and with the first bike show comming up in about 9 weeks i wanna get it in a half dessent state by then.

How she stood when i dessided to rip her apart, real shit paint and crackes all over.

HOW SHE STANDS TODAY.

-3 teeth renthal front sprocket, +3 Renthal Rear Sprocket, 06 (I think) R6 Track Tail and saddle, Ebay Leds set into the rear fairing for indicators, K&N, Stumpied Viper under the front right peg, have a red engine bolt kit to fit, Red Fairing Bolts, Plenty of unwanted Rust, Cheap moto x headlight for the moment, the taillight is in the post and bellypan shall be orderd soon, takeing it to the paint shop will be the last job and a mates cousin should be doing me some carbon parts.

:knucks:

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got the taillights in today :rock:

Gotting as much wireing in the tail as possible at the moment rather than haveing it around the battery box which you can see were the tail doesnt cover the front of the subframe.

·
Mad Sconnie
2,602 Posts
I like the tail. If you were to angle it up a bit more maybe the taillights would be aimed a little better. Right now they looks like they'll be lighting up your license plate and tire more than letting people see it.

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When your stood behind the bike you can see them but yer they are a lil low, im hopeing the jackup kit ive orderd will cure that.

Ravage73 i dont suppose you have a photo of ur bike with just the bellypan from that crea kit or what ever there call because thats the belly pan i actually wanna put on my f3 just cant find anywere that just sells the bellypan

·
is a hustler on 2 wheels.
1,178 Posts
Ravage73 i dont suppose you have a photo of ur bike with just the bellypan from that crea kit or what ever there call because thats the belly pan i actually wanna put on my f3 just cant find anywere that just sells the bellypan
the crea bellypan IS pretty sweet. but the reason im not using it is because it only has 1 mounting point to the bike. the other 2 points attach to the upper fairing. i tried to use only the pan but i couldnt find anyway to attach it without putting the whole set on. the kits not mine but if it was, i would glady sell it to you.

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the reason im not using it is because it only has 1 mounting point to the bike. the other 2 points attach to the upper fairing.
What mounting point has it got? the one that bolts on behind the sidestand or the ones at the front below the radiator?

surely it wouldnt be that hard to make some brackets up for it?

Got the jackup kit on today, couldnt find one actually for my bike so fitted a cbr 1100 jackup kit which jacked it up so high i had to put 2 house bricks under the center stand just to get it on it so fitted a cbr 600 f4 lowering kit AS WELL and its done the job wicked :D

Might need a slightly longer side stand ?

·
Candy Paint Whore
908 Posts
Looking pretty good so far. What do you have in mind for a headlight? Also, those taillights have integrated blinkers, right? Guess you can't really use them in your application though . . . maybe you could use the upper one to indicated "wheelie" :D

·
Fast ZX-12R
17,522 Posts
Looks good so far, Thats a hell of a gearing change you have.

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking pretty good so far. What do you have in mind for a headlight? Also, those taillights have integrated blinkers, right? Guess you can't really use them in your application though . . . maybe you could use the upper one to indicated "wheelie" :D
Im not 100% sure about a headlight yet, i was thinking about one of these sick predator headlights but everyones rocking with them now then my next thaught was this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230345343025&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But even though i like the look of that it does look a lil tacky and cheap, so im stuck at the moment and dont realy have the skill to make my own "mask" type headlight.

i did think about just strapping a gsxr 750 k5 light on there as well but yet again itll let the bike down.

And no the tail light hasnt got intregrated indicators, thats why im running with a set of orange leds on either side of the taillight.

·
Candy Paint Whore
908 Posts
so im stuck at the moment and dont realy have the skill to make my own "mask" type headlight.
Neither do I, but I'm going to try it anyway :D For the price of any headlight that I like, I can buy a lot of bondo, fiberglass and resin.

That headlight you linked looks cool, but only has 35W bulbs -- and a bad rep for melting if you put bigger bulbs in.

And no the tail light hasnt got intregrated indicators, thats why im running with a set of orange leds on either side of the taillight.
Ok, I thought it was like this unit, looks very similar:

·
"Detonation"
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Neither do I, but I'm going to try it anyway :D For the price of any headlight that I like, I can buy a lot of bondo, fiberglass and resin.

That headlight you linked looks cool, but only has 35W bulbs -- and a bad rep for melting if you put bigger bulbs in.

Ok, I thought it was like this unit, looks very similar:

Na mine arent that swish lol

I've worked with fibreglass alot before its the making the mould for it that i dont have the skill with, i did think about trying to make something outa plastcine and fibreglassing over it but i wouldnt be able to shape anything half dessent with the plastercine lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts