Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the land of Perkele!

Just got a little project ready a few weeks ago that I've been building for the last two years on and off so decided to join. Been lurking here a few times (well, searching the net for how to do some mods and I seem to end up here) so why not make creds as well. I'm a serious forum-a holic, don't even remember how many accounts I got in total, a mod in one bike forum (hi Conrice ;) ) a member of MMAF, modified motorcycle assosiation Finland and MotORG.ry, the most active motorbike community in Finland as well as the biggest trackday organizer.

So a few pics, in case someone is interested I can do a complete mod list and more pics later, at work ATM on a break so don't got whole day.

Here's what I started up with, a 2002 Triumph Daytona 955i DSSA. A total toilet in need of a complete overhaul but it had decent mileage, a beating heart and it was cheap, the perfect starting point.

This is how it stands today. Been in one bike show where it got the second place in Streetfighter class, and planning to take it to other shows as well although it is built 99% for my rider bike. More info later in case someone is interested, gotta get back to work!

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
welcome in mate ,bike looks awesome MOAR PICS ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanks for the welcomes, just got the kid to stay in bed and got to the puter.

`Aigt you asked for it, more pics comin up.

When I bought the bike it had been sitting for some time and the battery was dead so we couldn`t get it running and I had to go fetch my lorry to truck it home. The bike had EVERYTHING wrong with it, broken fuel couplers, bent handlebars, gouged engine casings (still are, thought it`ll look rougher with a few battlescars) dented exhaust, thermostat removed, badly welded rearsets, most of the electrics were repaired by the ever-so-popular twist `n tape -method, all the fairings were damaged at some level, and the nose cone that came with it wasn`t even from a Daytona, turned out it was from an Aprilia RS! Pretty much all of the mentioned parts found their way into the skip over the last two years, there`s not that many places in the bike that hasn`t been redone, replaced, repaired or modified. At first it was destined to become a modern cafè racer, it even had Woodcraft 3" riser clipons on it through most of the transformation but when it was nearing finished I sat on it a few times and realized I could never ride the bike even with the hi rise clipons due to my RSI ridden wrists so I made the choice of installing the dirty bars and have not regretted it. The reason I went for a Triumph was that I did not want to made the 538792:th Kawasaki or Suzuki fighter and have to look for it amongst nine just like it at the grocery shop parking lot. This bike was offered to me by a guy I somewhat know (we`ve been doing bike related business before) and he agreed to keep it for me until I could roll up enough green to go fetch it home. It has 25tkm on the original meter along with a split glass so even though the rest of the bike looks like it has been in multiple pileups the engine actually purrs surprisingly well now that everything works again. These things are rare as hens teeth in the original condition up here, I`ve seen the odd speed triple here and there but never another built fighter, so that alone is reason enough for me. I`ve had quite a few vehicles that are considered rare or an oddity up here, in fact just a few weeks ago I swapped a `97 Alfa Romeo Spider to an `04 Volvo XC70 cause we`re getting another kid around new year so that had to go. The power curve of the Daytona is quite different to the `91 CBR 600 f2 I had before and during the rebuild as that was a pure rev monster, where this one is exactly the opposite. The torque band starts at 2,5k, the torque peaks at around 4k and the top horses are around 6,5k, the rev limiter cuts at 11 so it has been a learning experience getting used to riding this one cause on the spot in the rev range where I`ve used to things STARTING to happen I actually have to change UP!

The full mod list (if I remember everything)

-Fairings removed of course, the single seat tail is made by Airtech Streamlining
-Projector headlights with traditional halogen bulbs, modified parking bulb. Twin tail light self made (minus the actual lights)
-Front fender shortened
-Dirtbike handlebars, modified top triple & clamps, adjustable shorty levers, bar end mirrors, brake fluid reservoir, Wezmoto custom length steel brake lines (came out a tad too long, might have to replace later)
-Hands free keyless ignition, lock removed
-Koso RX-2 gauge
-About half of the wiring redone
-Seat re-upholstered (word of caution, orange vinyl absolutely absorbs all crap!)
-Crash cage self fabricated
-Headers polished
-Samco sport blue silicone coolant hose kit modified from 04-> set, custom made stainless T-bit& premaquick type stainless hose clamps for a cleaner look
-Danmoto adjustable rearsets modified to accomodate the original foldable footpegs instear of the ugly rigid stubs
-Danmoto JISU muffler with self made baffle & midpipe, ProJection components lasercut hanger
-Rear mudguard/plate holder self made
-4x Knife type LED indicators, digital relay
-Custom paintjob, orange stripes painted, graphics hydrodipped over silver basecoat and covered with three layers of candy blue clearcoat
-RK Gxw 530 blue superlink chain, -1 front sprocket
-Loobman chain oiler
-12v cigarette output socket near left rearset for navigator and heated jacket ( I like to do longer rides specially towards autumn and the mornings are still cold here long into june)
-Hugger and chainguard hydrodipped in carbon fiber pattern
-Coolant expansion tank modified from a 1kg fire extinguisher (no, that is not a NOS bottle) :nos:

Still have a steering damper for it in the shelf but it needs new seals (cheap china crap) but now that I`ve ridden the bike I`m not entirely sure does it need it anymore with the wide bars.

The next thing to do to it would probly be tighten the sprocket ratio cause I practically never use the sixth gear as is, the CBR had over 100tkm on the meter so I never dared to learn to do wheelies on it cause I was afraid I`d blow the pretty worn transmission, this I plan to rectify with this bike once I get properly familiar with it.

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the dark side :)

Need moar :triumph: in this place :D
Haha, not that I`d have anything against sexy ladies running around in their nickers... but that logo with the crown... isn`t that the other Triumph :D

Sure does get my motor running either way :yeeha:

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there a some kind of an explanation thread about all these rep points, flip offs and such& what good do they do. IMO pretty pointless to try gather points just to have points (pun intended, see my point?)

Anyway thanks for the warm welcome, will dig further into the site over the weekend and probly start up my own build thread, even though the bike is "finished", it never really is and more little improvements will follow as well as hopefully more trophies. My ultimate goal is to get in to the biggest annual motorcycle expo and show at the start of next year so will be trying to get the little things sorted as well as keeping that odometer spinning at the same time.

Yall have fun out there and keep it between the lines!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts