Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Made some quick brackets but had a total crisis and ended up putting the bodywork back on. At least this way I could test it and still have lights and whatnot (read: I couldn't figure out what to do with the headlight).

Sooo much better with the bars!
I'd like to try a mini fairing and headlight, maybe something Tuono-esque. I have a 2013ish CBR600RR nose fairing and screen lying in the garage I could maybe bodge on? I'll offer it up and see. I don't fancy paying fat stacks for a 600RR headlight to go in it though...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well it was better with the bars but I still didn't really gel with the bike. I ended up swapping it for a KTM 950 Supermoto that's rougher than a badger's arse :LOL:

Still got a few ideas for chopping the KTM but the funny fuel tanks and dry sump will take me a bit of head scratching to get around!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
at least you got your headlight sorted ;)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I had one about a year ago, couldn't get used to the height, but riding the 701 has me well into wide bars and high seat heights!
It's an earlier carbed model. Been badly spray bombed all over (and I mean ALL over!) and the fork seals are shagged.

Going to try to build a flat tracker type thing I think. It could do with losing about 50kg too. Fat tracker?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts