Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
First things first a quick introduction of me. My name is Rusty, and I’m a young know it all (not really) at the ripe young age of 27, from outside of Philly. I work in sales in a call center environment and have a motorcycle technician certification. I got it when I was restoring a 1979 XS1100 Special, that was a lot of fun. I’m a new motovlogger (shameless plug) and you can find me here

YouTube Link

I’m an all season rider and will make sure to remind you, I ride whenever I can, and I am all about Ride – Crash – Build – Repeat, because we are always getting better. And I’m a new rider to the dirt where I’m sure I will be crashing often because that what you do on dirt bikes. Ok cool that is out of the way let’s talk about this build

Now the bread and butter, My 1996 VFR750 I have had it for 2 years and I crashed it a little over a year ago hitting a patch of black ice coming out of a corner near my house. The bike still rides fine but she is not pretty and I’ve been trying to find a set of plastics but they all seem to be cracked, and I’ve been looking around and I finally found a VFR build that I love and I’m going to take from it and make it my own.

Post Crash Carnage
[resize]
[/resize]

This is my inspiration this is what they call the Gambler and more information can be found here on the bikeshed.
http://thebikeshed.cc/2014/06/23/alis-gambler/

So there is the inspiration this has been an idea for the last 3 months, well I started to order parts and now we can begin, this is a sketch of what I was originally thinking.

Reactions: MikeGyver

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok so the picture of the road rash doesn't actually look that bad but the entire side is shreaded.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok now the progress, so far I ordered a set of new sprockets, and chain doing a 520 conversion for more horsepower, and a -1 +3 sprocket adjustment.

On top of that I was looking for a new exhaust and I was going to pull the trigger on a Delvik Exhaust and custom make a seat with fiberglass, and foam, but then in my last look i found this, it is rough around the edges at least on the tail and seat but the hardware looks solid.

It looks alot like this bike with its Wolf Exhaust and custom tail that was sold on ebay a few years ago.

I decided to spend the money on it because it already has the custom subframe, its a bolt on, and is going to save me hours. A little cleanning up with some new fiberglass patch work, and I think I'm then going to wrap it in some Carbon Fiber Cloth.

Reactions: CK 187

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This weekend I tore the entire bike apart, well at least the plastics and took off the old chain and sprockets. And I have to say she is ugly when she is naked.

That gauge cluster is HUGE, and the headlight is built into the upper fairing so I'm not sure how I'm going to address that.

and I ran into another fun little surprise when doing the chain and sprocket. One of these things is not like the other.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Welcome to the forum dude. I'm about 30min. northwest of Philly. You picked the right place to drop in with a vfr :LolLolLolLol: Lots of people have vfr's on this forum.
I like the way your going with it. For the faring stay I would dump it all and buy a smaller aftermarket cluster. That would look great with cafe style headlight (if you plan on going that route). Again welcome to the madness.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So where I stand right now while i'm in the office on this beautiful 70 degree day, is I am waiting for the tail, I also ordered new levers but those are insignificant. I need to see how i'm going to get the right sprocket, I need to find a front headlight assembly that I like something like a CB750 small fairing or a GPZ550 fairing for just a little wind protection. I'm going to get some LED lighting for either side of the headlight, a supermoto front fender and then put it all together. Then when all that is done Plastidip/Paint it, I'm thinking White and Hi Viz Yellow with some black accents.

Oh and I need to do this all by 18th so I can test it the entire week because I'm riding it down to Atlanta for the Motovloger Meetup with ChaseOn2Wheels and IamRamikin.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum dude. I'm about 30min. northwest of Philly. You picked the right place to drop in with a vfr :LolLolLolLol: Lots of people have vfr's on this forum.
I like the way your going with it. For the faring stay I would dump it all and buy a smaller aftermarket cluster. That would look great with cafe style headlight (if you plan on going that route). Again welcome to the madness.
haha see thats the way I was going I had that last post waiting to post for a while :oops: oh well, I think I want to do rectangular lights because I want to do rectangular Led Flood Lights (for offroad use only Cough Cough)

Reactions: Predator6R

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And where about NW of Philly I work in that general area.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:rock: That's a nice piece
Thank you I think it will look nice cleaned up just a bit, and super nice wrapped in carbon.

·
V four honda whore
12,433 Posts
no it looks ugly, send it over to me. i'll "dispose" it the right way

as a V4 whore i aproove this thread :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
as a V4 whore i aproove this thread :D
As a fellow V4 whore I approve of all of your builds thus far and say thank you for some solid ideas that I've seen in your threads.

and that I also approve of your approval of this thread.

·
V four honda whore
12,433 Posts
forgot to mention, i love that rc45 tail :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok Who carries Vortex Sprockets in stock. I can't wait a million years lol

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
forgot to mention, i love that rc45 tail :)
Me too its going to be so wicked I think. I really hope it is a Wolf Exhaust because that would be one heck of an eBay find.

·
ZX-6R Fighterer
457 Posts
Oh and I need to do this all by 18th so I can test it the entire week because I'm riding it down to Atlanta for the Motovloger Meetup with ChaseOn2Wheels and IamRamikin.
Awesome is the meet is at the end of the month? Do you also vlog? There were more than 130 bikes at that meet last year. It'll probably be even crazier along with more bikes this year :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Awesome is the meet is at the end of the month? Do you also vlog? There were more than 130 bikes at that meet last year. It'll probably be even crazier along with more bikes this year :LolLolLolLol:
Yes I vlog I started the end of last year so I'm new but getting better and better every week. My channel is "2WheelManiac" and there is a shameless plug in the OP, and according to the facebook group we are looking at over 500 bikes at the moment its going to be nuts.

If I run into a gaggle of motorcycles two weeks from now, I'll wave and look for the VFR with the sexy tail. :D
Technically it is 2.5 weeks from now but we will be hard to miss, heading from Forsyth to Conyers along 83N

1 - 20 of 62 Posts