Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm building a 1990 ZX600c. Previous owner laid it down smashed front fairing. Headlight and gauges all gone and a broken handle bar. Engine wise the bike starts/runs/shifts great and has been bored to a 650 last summer. I've already stripped it naked and put a new headlamp on, fixed the handle bar. But I was looking at what to do with the brake/clutch reservoir, Just wondering if its worth it to buy the handles with one attached or will some zip ties under the seat do the trick? Also when I was stripping down the front end I tapped the bottom of my ignition with a wrench and saw sparks, I haven't been able to get any electrical power since then, no lights and nothing when I try to start it. I've checked my fuses and they're all good as well. Not sure if I fried the ignition or battery, or possibly disconnected something by accident? Anyways any help or advice for building this thing is appreciated!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I don't know your model - are you sure you have checked all fuses? There is often a main fuse direct on the started relay which would be the first to blow if you short the whole thing out. Course the big question is why was the barrel live in the first place and how did the wrench earth it without you getting a jolt?
Time to get a multi meter and a wiring diagramme.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts