Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's happening, CF?

It was suggested that I start a build thread for my bike, so I figured I'd start that tonight because I haven't really worked on the bike in a bit, but had amazing progress today!

So, I guess I'll start this off with pictures with what my bike looked like after the unfortunate (and really dumb - easily avoidable) accident happened. This was the state of the bike when I found out there was a knock in the engine, which meant a total tear down basically:

My dad is a mechanic thankfully, and has set aside time to help me out with working on all this. Here's my bike without it's heart and soul:

[/URL]

While my dad and I were taking the motor apart, trying to find the knock, I started implementing some "cosmetic" features:

[/URL]

And here are some images of the engine torn apart, and no pictures of me crying:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyways, onto the good news and the work that got done today!

First, I officially graduated from college today, so what better way to celebrate my free time than work on the bike? My dad said he'd take some time and help me out today, and this is what happened:

Photobucket was down so the images show up smaller, but yeah! We rebuilt most of the engine! just gotta add on some stuff like the starter, oil pan, things like that and then put it into the bike!

I'll try to update as much as I can, my goal for tomorrow is to get it running, and then actually be riding it by next week because it's supposed to be awesome weather out here.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright, so a little update on what's been going on:

We lifted the engine up because everything that was left could be serviced with the engine on the frame, so it's finally back in!

My dad suggested we leave the stock cluster on, because my cheap speedometer I got off amazon only has Neutral indication light, high beams, and turn signals. this way we can see if we hooked everything up properly and it works. After about 100 miles, we are gonna flush the engine and replace it with better oil and a new filter, and put the smaller speedometer back on.

Still waiting to finish it though, I patched up some things today like putting the exhaust back on, and doing little things here and there to clean it up.

Here are some pictures from earlier:

I also put the radiator on today but these pictures were taken before it.

For some reason looking at the front of my bike reminded me of this:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
"Sup Fam' ?"

So today's the day, it's finally finished. To a certain extent..

What I got now is a complete running bike. FINALLY.

However, I know it's not a blaring resemblance of some of the talented street fighter builds I've seen on this site, but rather a motorcycle with no front fairings.

It's at this stage that I want to get my other headlight on and the mini speedometer, and move from there. The only reason the stock one is on is for the next 100 + miles, my dad and I want to make sure everything is operating correctly like temp and oil level, and once that's done with I'll replace it.

However, I'm not sure about some things like chopping the back or putting clip ons on it. I want to do that coolant overflow mod still, but put all the effort into the engine.

I'm not going to say this is finished, because there is an endless amount of cosmetic mods that I could do. But for now I'd say as long as it's rideable, I'm happy.

If anyone wants to shout out some opinions or recommendations for cosmetic mods I could do in a day, that'd be cool.

Also as a side note, there were some wiring issues I had, however instead of posting a totally new thread, I found the questions already answered from other users on this site. Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Good start man, I love small cc fighters

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,993 Posts
Also as a side note, there were some wiring issues I had, however instead of posting a totally new thread, I found the questions already answered from other users on this site. Thanks everyone
Rep'd for this!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts