Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres the deal. i pick up a 1993 gsxr 750 for little coin. it was owned by a teenager and dumped, then auctioned need i say more.

i need ideas. i know motorcycles pretty good, but this is my first sport bike. i know how to weld and fab but i dont have easy access to the the equiptment i need to do so, but ill see what i can do. and im poor. so keep budget in mind. i have some ideas but am open to suggestions.
im thinkng a 04+ gsxr tail
and this light

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Hey redline.

Yes on the 04+ gixxer tail
No on that headlight. That fake carbon-fiber looks like crap in person. (Unless you're going to paint it).

This might also look good if you cut-down or cut-off the number plate:

·
390 Posts
There are many of us building gixxers on this forum, snoop around and see what you like, then go from there!

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey redline.

Yes on the 04+ gixxer tail
No on that headlight. That fake carbon-fiber looks like crap in person. (Unless you're going to paint it).

This might also look good if you cut-down or cut-off the number plate:
where you found this headlight? Thanks

·
Moto Madness Customs
3,444 Posts
Those are the Demon Headlights. We sell them but the distributor is completely out of them in the US. I had the last of the Demons in the country and a few of you on here snagged them up. They are good inexpensive lights but we have no ETA from BikeIt when they will be back into the country Hopefully in a few weeks or so.

·
rockabilly motherfucker
2,258 Posts
its all about building on a budget dude! you dont have to spend alot to manage a good fighter, i only spent a couple hundred for the whole build on my hurricane. seems to me when you spend a schwack of money on a bike the functionality of the bike starts to circle the drain, thats just my 2c though. build it on a low budget and rock it balls out! have fun man!

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for encouragement. looking at other gxsrs has given me a few ideas.
well here is a picture of the bucket as she sits and pretty much how i got her, with a box of parts too.

it had some electrical trouble but i think i got that ironed out so she runs now.

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i really want to use a 04-05 gixxer 600-750 tail and seat. but im having trouble finding one. the few i find in egay are either expensive or crappy shape. does any body know where i can get a tail? i would like to ride it befor i get started on the tail does any body have a seat that will fit a 93 gixxer 750 i can have for cheap. just so i can ride it till i get my new tail done....as i was sitting here typing the doorbell rang,it was a the mail man with a package from custom fighters and now im sitting here typing in my cool new CUSTOM FIGHTERS T-shirt.... any way im going to building a subframe from scratch so i figured i use the old one til i get the new one built. i know most people completely tear apart their bike then build it, but thats not my style i like to keep it rolling as much as i can. also for future reference if any one is interested in my 93 plastics, subframe or clip-on handlebars let me know.

·
Strassenkämpfer for life
1,813 Posts
you can modify your subframe, no need to build one from scratch
this is my subframe, in the second picture you see that the gas tank is now mounted under the brace
as the angle of the frame changed after the mods

before

and after

I just had a look but the 1100 seat (I have left) is somehow different to the 750
it's at least what the Suzuki Parts catalog says

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advice. i guess i just need to get the parts and decide the easiest way to fit them. guess the 750 seat has tabs that bolt down in the rear and the 1100 has a lock mechanism.

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
few up dates. clean it up and pulled more parts of. still dont have a tail yet i guess in just going to have to fork out the dough and get one.

found these bad boys at autozone for cheap. ill see how i like em and decide if i will go with the original light i wanted.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
I'm likin it.
A little lower in the back maybe.
Then check out the INFORMATIVE LINKS
There are lots of GIXER site listed in there,I know cause I found em.

·
fighter'n the good fight
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i doed work! i know i showed a mock up with a CBR tail but i got this one from a guy after it failed to go on ebay. i think i like it better.its an 04-05 gixxer tail.

subframe, cleaned up.

ofter i got grinder happy

making room for the new tail.

a Quick mock up.

thats about the angle i want it, maybe a little lower

1 - 20 of 81 Posts