Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the forum, just wanted to share my project and maybe get some opinions and ideas and possibly some solutions as I go.
I've recently obtained a 1991 zzr600, not been dropped but cosmetically a bit rough! (Never liked the look of them). The engine, tyres, clutch etc is all good! Full stainless motad exhaust that will be going. In need of a new oil cooler as the fins are mashed! All in all looks a pig but rides and stops surprisingly well.
Looking at customising the original belly pan and mud guards.
Thinking custom rear subframe and maybe R6 rear although I know this has been done to death but it fits I With my ideas for the lights.
Looking for a cheap/simple swing arm upgrade and forks if anyone has done these before?
Thanks in advance
Mat

·
Hack in a barn
4,409 Posts
Have tried to upload some pics but it's not happening so far!
Might want to go to a photo hosting site, like photobucket. I think most of us around here use a different site to host the photos. Me I use photobucket...

Makes it real easy, upload to that site, then in the post here just copy and paste the "img" address into the post and it shows up...

Welcome in man...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, will have a look at photo bucket and try get some pics up soon.
So far I've been pretty busy with the zzr, I've ended up with the cbr1000rr tail which I'm halfway through welding up a subframe for and making an under tray. I've cut in an led rear light similar to the r6 light. I'm recessing in the number plate so it isn't just hanging around on the back end looking ugly! The battery, rectifier and relays etc is all gonna be housed inside the tail so I've got a lot of brackets off the original subframe to weld on.
The wheels have had a rub down and a coat of satin black. I've also add the reflective wheel tape around the rim. Looks pretty good I think! :)
I'm in the process of building some side fairings using part of the originals. The original belly and front fender is having a little rework. And I've got a mask for the headlight.
I also picked up a micron stubby with link pipe! Sounds nice but am gonna look for a carbon stubby. What are your opinions on keeping the original bars or changing to straights? I like the originals but my mate reckons straight bars!!?
Which brings me to the seat! I like the comfort of the zzr seat so I've cut it in half and kept it. It actually doesn't look bad at all! Any recommendations on custom seat covering??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts