Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Honda Newbie
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here’s my first streetfighter project. It’s a 1988 CBR600F.
I’ve just got it on the road for the first time since I bought it.

How i got it.

Now.

Still a bit ruff around the edges, but alot of work still to be done.
Work done so far:
I sanding the frame which took 8 hours and painting it silver.

The wiring was a mess, so tidied the wiring, made looms and connected all the lights etc.

I cleaned the carbs, fitted new spark plugs and fitted an air box, as it came without one.

I added a new set of clocks with 0 miles, but intend to modify them and move the lights to leds between the clocks. It came with a single speedo and lights with loom which look better, but wanted a tacho and temp gauge.

I have got an R6 seat unit to do a tail conversion so I can take the wife on the back. I’ll be making a custom subframe sometime soon.

Things to do:

Refurb Wheels.
R6 Tail Conversion.
Custom Headlamp Fairing and Road Legal Headlamp. My son wants a Darth Vader Fairing, but i fancy some type of skull fairing.
High Rise Exhaust.
Braided Brake and Oil Hoses.
Radiator and Oil Cooler Covers.
Full Respray in.. Haven’t decided yet, probably dark grey with silver fleck.

·
58 Posts
looks like youve chosen the same tail n bike combo i have. be interesting to see how each others turns out. whereabouts in manchester you from mate?

·
Honda Newbie
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From the Stockport side of Manchester.

Can't decide whether to buy a subframe and modify it, or build one from scratch.

Going to try and do the wheels this week.

·
58 Posts
im defo just chopin my subframe off n then using that metal to rebuild a new frame fitting under the r1 seat. seems the easiest option os im using a totally different angle

·
first time fighter
219 Posts
looking good dude, seems there are more and more fighters coming from the Manchester area its ace cant wait to see the finished article

·
Honda Newbie
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Original clocks before.

After, without warning lights. (7 hours of work)

Cut and sanded clocks down to make separate round clocks.

Cut and sanded the covers.

Checked the position and made a mounting bracket.

I need to add warning lights and rubber sleeve to cover the sides. I’m going to use leds, but haven’t decided where I’m going to mount them.

·
Candy Paint Whore
908 Posts
Awesome . . . that's exactly what I had planned for my gauges before I decided to swap my front end, which left me without a speedo sensor and forced me to use aftermarket gauges. Nice job!

When I mentioned my plan on another forum I was told cutting the gauge cluster apart and mounting the clocks side by side couldn't be done, excuse me while I go post a good old "told you so" link :D

·
79 Posts
RedEye...I was probably the one that told you that on another forum. Glad someone proved me wrong, looks awesome. I have never seen that before.

Awesome job Jackal!

KongBastard

·
weaksauce
148 Posts
Indeed Sir! Great work with those gauges. Funny thing is that I was looking at the stock gauge cluster that I received with my bike. I have a cheap aftermarket speedo but not tach, so it looks like I'll be chopping that out and mounting it to my bike!

Thank you for the inspiration!

EDIT: Oh and can you post some pictures of what the backside of the gauges look like? Thanks man!

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
I love old school CBR's. Wish I still have my VFR for that matter :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts