Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was handed a 1989 kawasaki zx10 from a friend and it didnt run. i fixed it up with my brother and dad and once it was running i wasnt thrilled with its looks so i changed them. my total project costs were under $500 we did all the work. Let me know what you think

I decided to built a custom coolant reservoir out of a old propane torch tank but it was too long so I cut it and welded it smaller, then bondo-ed and painted it.

Painted the frame, rims, and exhaust.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Looks like you did nice clean job then rushed to finish it. What happened to the red frame? It would have set the bike off nicely. All in al not to shabby but it looks like it almost time for round 2

·
Premium Member
475 Posts
I dunno, the stubbed tail has been growing on me lately. I like it. Looks like a real bruiser. When I first went thru the pics, thot the red frame, white rims, and the rest black would look sick. Kinda confused when it turned out black, but whatever. Its a work in progress, as they all are.

Welcome in, bro, looks like you're off to a great start. :knucks:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Welcome in. I agree with the red frame, Would've set it off for sure. And yes those pipes are way toooo long. But the coolant res is pretty killer. A fighters work is never done. Keep at er

Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everybody for the comments, to clear some stuff up the red frame was actually the primer but i do agree it would have looked nice. as well im looking at a one sided shorty slip on exhaust for next riding season so as i improve ill keep posting pictures

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im feelin the "i give no fucks" aesthetic youve got going on here man. Its got a bruiser look going on but clean, so there's not a ton of ugly little wires and hoses and shit distracting from the overall look of the machine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey man sick bike. Can't wait to see more. Its been a little while how about an update? Loving the bobber look :rock:

Reactions: oldrider

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
I'm late to the party, but welcome in Adam! I'm an old Kawi-girl & frankly that's a SIIIICK bike! Love what you've done to her! Mean, clean & black......hard to be it, so I repped you for the great job....:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts