Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps,

well i had the op to get a 1988 CBR 600 but thats now fallen through.

im now talking to 2 people, 1 has a 1990 zx600 with about 30k on it, all original, has been sitting in a garage for the last year, looks in good nick.

2nd is a 97 YZF1000 16k (apparently) someones already started the Street fighter process, has a few little mods, imported to the UK, its a tad messy in places but looks ok overall.

both are asking for around the same price

now what would be the best one, what i want from it is a nice starter project, reliable, something to fuck around on with a little bit of stunting (nothing major) and use occasionally in the shitty weather so i dont through my hornet at the scenery.

any and all advise welcome.

Ta
G

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
as long as they both run the same id go with the 97 yzf1000 for a few reasons.
1. its a good bit newer than your other option and a lot has changed in those years.
2. more power which isnt just for fun. i never liked being on the highway with a 600. especially an older carved 6. the 1000 will be much more comfortable in that sense.
3. its still flickable and will handle well. probably just as good if not better than the 600
4. with it being already in the process of fightering and being a bit tatty as you say it will give you more wiggle room on the price.
5. because i want one. the frame looks better. better brakes. i believe it has a 18/55 rear and a 120/70 front tire, i think the rear tire on the 600 is smaller. more rubber in this case is better.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was swaying more towards the YZF because one of your points, its age, the fact of the 1000cc is just a pleasent bonus, but after some more digging (online MOT history) the engine is more like 70k, so the engine will benefit from a little TLC. with finding out the mileage is alot more than he thought will work in my favour in getting it for a better price.

he tells me that it runs well, apart from the cable for the EXUP has broken but apart from that im told it all good. may go and see it the weekend if all goes well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts