Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Frosty Rider
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, i'm starting on my first fighter, and i'm looking for some advice. I've got a 1994 CBR 600, and i'd like to put an '06 RR tail on it. Just wondering how much work i'm looking at. My roommate is a certified welder, so that should help. Also, would it be taboo to put aftermarket chrome broomstick handlebars on? i'd have them sandblasted matte, along with all the other chrome pieces (switches, master cylinder, etc). As for paint, i want it to look like one of those fighters from WW2 with the shark face on the front. Please let me know if i'm way off base with these ideas, or if anyone has any other suggestions. This is what i'm working with:

Attachments

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
dude, its a fighter..... namely, your fighter. if you want chrome broomstick handlebars then do chrome broomstick handlebars.

if you put apehangers on there then we'll give you problems.

just an idea, if you go with the ww2 fighter paint, then get a pinup girl airbrushed on your tank, that would look sick

as for the subframe/tail swap. it shouldn't bee too hard with a roomate thats a welder. just get ahold of an RR tail that you want and the subframe that goes with it and fabricate the pieces that you need to adapt it to the frame. its pretty straightforward from what I understand.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
fslflint said:
dude, its a fighter..... namely, your fighter. if you want chrome broomstick handlebars then do chrome broomstick handlebars.

if you put apehangers on there then we'll give you problems.

+1. Bottom line.....if you like it that's all that matters. Don't build to please everyone else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts