Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I have a 2012 gsxr 1000 that was mint but since a idiot cut me off while merging on freeway, I'm looking to do a build.

I had a 636 street fighter for a stunt bike some years ago but I'm looking to build this real nice.

Not just take off the fairings, throw on dirty bars and cyclops headlight and call it a day(that's what I did with my 636)

In my opinion this bike is badass and what I want my side fairings and belly pan to look like.

My question is how do I do that? Is that modified stock fairings or do I have to make them from scratch?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Imho do whatever makes you feel happy.Its your build.Modify stock fairings or build your own.Depends on your comfort level.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know man end of the day it's my
Bike. My question was the pic I posted, you guys think that's modified stock fairings or were those made?

I'm no way a expert with fiberglass. If I were just to mod stock fairings would they still look good?

·
Registered
239 Posts
why don't you conact yoann on 514-995-5873?

Thats a showyo moto bike, isn't it? I think its all custom work. Well, show yo made it and now you can buy it kinda custom.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was going to contact him but honestly not sure how old that pic is and wasn't sure if he would even talk to me. Being if it was listed years ago and I'm calling him just for info.

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,174 Posts
Those are two dirt bike radiator shrouds slightly overlapped and then merged with molding clay. After they were happy with the appearance and symmetry, they made a pair out of a fiber composite.

The belly pan was a semi stock unit that had the same treatment.

Nothing on that bike is stock (just about) and would need some serious talent to recreate; but, with that talent, why not make your own version?

Shoyomoto made, bike's name is Akira and google images has a bunch of the pictures available.

https://www.google.com/search?q=sho...lMpOZyASk5IGwBQ&ved=0CB4QsAQ&biw=1441&bih=961

This is the thread, but most of the pictures have broken links.

http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16073

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok you guys confirmed what I was thinking.

So once I get paid from insurance I will start buying parts and make the side fairings and belly pan.

I will post a build thread once I get started and have some progress.

Thanks for all the responses everyone

Really excited and can't wait to finish

1 - 10 of 10 Posts