Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 1994 cbr900 for $500. Basically a frame and a motor. Got the motor running great so now its off to the races!!!

I ordered a SSSA off ebay from a 1997 VFR750. Totally complete with linkage, hub, and bolt. even found the spacer I needed after doing the resear on it. QUestion on this is..What are my wheel options?..I'd like to go as wide as possible because, hey, its a streetfighter...gotta look cool.

Next up is I have some 05 hayabusa forks and a complete front wheel. I did some research on fork swaps and thanks to All Balls racing I should be able to make this work with mininmal fuss. Anybody know what and how to get other wheels to fit this combo. I'd like to keep the wheels front and back pretty matched but its not absolutley neccessary. What makes this swap nis is besides having some monster huge forks up front the top clamp is alread drill for risers...

Then we have the issue of the rear subframe. I thought about just going with the stock rear frame and get an after market tail...But then I thought, I've gone this far...might as well go all the way. I looked at some gixxer tails from like 02-04 as well as come cbr tails..I wouldnt mind getting a cbr1000 tail with the underside exhaust. I can MIG weld ok and can do stainless..my welds arent the prettiest but thats what a grinder and muffler wrap is for.

I'm working out the cosmetic details as we speak. My main thing is I love the way white wheels look...so at the bare minumum Ill have my wheels powdercoated white. I gotta guy in town that does them for $75 a wheel including blasting them. NOt sure about the frame or the swingarm.

Any input would be greatly aprrecitated.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
Sounds like you've got a good start there.
One thing... Busa triples are not drilled for risers. There's a top plate that bolts to the triple via those 4 holes and on the plate are sockets where the OEM bars go. I haven't found a set of just risers made for the Busa... the options seem to be to have a set machined, or buy one of the available kits which have proprietary top triples with built-in risers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts