Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pir july 7
lol, woops

i was coming around turn 11 and 12 trying to reel in this ducati that flew by me on the back strait. i was in the "kiss the mirror position" and the back tire sliped and griped and threw me right on to the top of my head. it all happend so fast that i was still in the same position when i hit the ground. lol

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its not too bad im waiting for some help to pull it off the trailer so i can pull the body work off it and look at it a little closer. biggest thing i need right now is the sub frame. im suppose to be going to the nc bikes trackday on the 13th so i dont really have a hole lot of time to get it all straitened out just yet. the tank dosnt leak so im good on that for a while, i need to make a new tab for front break reservoir, the gauge cluster....well i never look at that thing anyways so it wouldnt bother me a bit to just take it atw off, and i have another set of fairings.

this is the side that slipped on me

looks to me like i tried riding the side wall and the bike said nope fuck you get off me :)

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn glad you're ok that sucks about the bike but it doesn't look that bad. You got lucky its just the fork cap and it didnt grind on the tube too.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Damn dude. I've never high sided before. I hear that riders get pretty jolted after that... Like takes a while to feel normal again?

That happening to you? Or you all good and ready to go?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No I feel fine other then the little bit of sorness. Mentaly, im sure Ill have to work back into attacking each corner like I was in pittsburgh.

And yes, I got REAL lucky with the fork caps. If I had ground through those there would be no way in hell I could make it to nc bikes

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Reactions: amsoil929

·
Registered
368 Posts
"If you go fast you're gonna fall off. It will happen."

-Wayne Rainey

Glad you're ok.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Twist of wrist II.

That DVD is awesome. Might kill me though, cause now I think I'm invincible.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Reactions: Michaelp

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
lol every time i think of that dvd i start laughing. the acting in that thing was horrible lol. besides the dvd barely scratches the surface of what the 2 books cover

·
Four Gears, No Brakes
9 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. Going over the high-side is a big deal event.
But digging into what happened is good process because when we get back to
the track we want to run it with confidence, both in our machine and ourselves.

After a high-side crash and after medical checkup, Keith Code or his coaches
would debrief a student. They'd probably try to get the student to verbalize exactly
what was going on.

Where did it happen, turn entry? Turn exit? What were you trying to achieve?
What were you doing to make the rear-end slide there? What did you do with the
gas when you felt it sliding? Did you chop it?

There are certain things a rider has to do to destabilize bike dynamics enough that it will throw its rider off the high-side.

The other thing at play is you talked about closing the gap on the Duc that just passed you.
This statement has to do with track strategy. We all want to go as fast as we can. But
where are the places on the track where we can go the fastest? Let's face it, trying to make
up ground in the exit of the corner while we've still got the bike leaned over is a high risk activity.

Back in 2005, after I low-sided during my fourth time (level 4) at the school, I spent the
next year in TOTW II deconstructing what I did and understanding why that never has to
happen again. In my case Keith directly asked me, "Were you in the brakes?"
In my crash, I wasn't in the brakes.

I was not absolutely clear about "Quick-Turning" and so after steering the bike at the
turn-point I kept applying pressure to the bars, in my dumb attempt to cross an apex that
was inside the line I turned on. So Keith says, "You simply pushed it off the tire."

When correctly executed, the rider puts enough pressure to turn onto his chosen
line then no more pressure on the bar.

All my back and forth through the book, notes in the margin, highlighted sections, underlined sections, etc.,
made me realize, thankfully, crashes aren't mysterious things.

Your crash isn't a mystery either. It may be a hard lesson but use it to your advantage.

I wish you all the best. And I recommend doing a school. My choice is California Superbike
School. I've been with CSS a lot since 2005. And I see a lot of the same people coming back year after year.

It's the best thing I've ever done to improve as a rider. The learning is on-going and it's
always a blast.

·
hate us cuz they ainus
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where did it happen, turn entry? Turn exit? What were you trying to achieve?
What were you doing to make the rear-end slide there? What did you do with the
gas when you felt it sliding? Did you chop it?
somewhere between entry and apex and yes i chopped it. i haven't had a whole lot of chances to eliminate that survival reaction yet

The other thing at play is you talked about closing the gap on the Duc that just passed you.
This statement has to do with track strategy. We all want to go as fast as we can. But
where are the places on the track where we can go the fastest? Let's face it, trying to make
up ground in the exit of the corner while we've still got the bike leaned over is a high risk activity.not make up per'se. my strategy was to keep the gap between us as small as possible so i could try to pass him again in the more technical sections in turns 1 through 7. he was on a 1198 and i on a r6 i knew he had me on the straights but.... he knew i had him through the turns

Back in 2005, after I low-sided during my fourth time (level 4) at the school, I spent the
next year in TOTW II deconstructing what I did and understanding why that never has to
happen again. In my case Keith directly asked me, "Were you in the brakes?"
In my crash, I wasn't in the brakes. me niether

I was not absolutely clear about "Quick-Turning" and so after steering the bike at the
turn-point I kept applying pressure to the bars, in my dumb attempt to cross an apex that
was inside the line I turned on. So Keith says, "You simply pushed it off the tire." my coach seems to think i levered the rear off the ground with my knee

When correctly executed, the rider puts enough pressure to turn onto his chosen
line then no more pressure on the bar.

All my back and forth through the book, notes in the margin, highlighted sections, underlined sections, etc.,
made me realize, thankfully, crashes aren't mysterious things.

Your crash isn't a mystery either. It may be a hard lesson but use it to your advantage.

I wish you all the best. And I recommend doing a school. My choice is California Superbike
School. I've been with CSS a lot since 2005. And I see a lot of the same people coming back year after year.i do team pro motions

It's the best thing I've ever done to improve as a rider. The learning is on-going and it's
always a blast.
true that. everything i do now is in preparation for the next trackday

1 - 19 of 19 Posts