Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

trying to get some info on CBR 600 f2 motor, Will it fit into CBR 400 Frame(gullarm) wihout much hassle?? I am sure I am not the 1st to try and do this mod.... or am I??
Not much info on the Google!!!

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Shouldnt be too hard. I've put 9s into 6s and 12s into 550s.

Some things to look for:
Overall width
overall height
Cush width (will let you know how far out chain alignment is)
Main mounting points location
air box setup (over or behnd the motor)
fuel pump or not

If most are close or same you will know the difficulty

·
I bang metal
2,779 Posts
Shouldnt be too hard. I've put 9s into 6s and 12s into 550s.

Some things to look for:
Overall width
overall height
Cush width (will let you know how far out chain alignment is)
Main mounting points location
air box setup (over or behnd the motor)
fuel pump or not

If most are close or same you will know the difficulty
yeah, i would say you hit the nail on the head with this one. Tape up some cardboard in the rough dimensions of the motor and see how it fits in the frame. Before you take out the big motor from the big bike get as much info as you can about how it is mounted, if you just have a loose engine see if you can find the same year and model bike witht he same engine and just look at it and gather info. Sometimes you have to much info and it looks confusing as hell which might make you take only what you think you need. It is sooooo much easier to push some info to the side for later than to need the info you thought you didnt need and not have it. If you have a camera and a ruler, take pictures and use the ruler as a reference for size, shape and angle.

anything is possible with enough knowledge and motivation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies Guys. some sound advice. the good thing is I have the two bikes in My Shed. (as seen in my intro post)

If I do go ahead with it,I will make a new Thread :honda:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Guys.
I tried this out. the 6 will fit inside the Frame but, the mounting points are way off! the frame would require some cutting and welding.so i have decided not to go ahead with it,just to much work for me and not enough experience in metal Fab.

·
watches you sleep.
9,116 Posts
It happens man, sorry that didnt work out for you. Better for you to walk away now than hack something up and dig yourself a hole. looks like to redeem yourself youll just have to build 2 custom fighters for us instead of one...

well go on get to it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts