Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!
As the last step in my streetfighter build im struggling to get the front light in a good position.
The problem is, the brackets that came with the front light i bought gets the light very tight on the bike. well thats not a problem thats good. i want it to sit tight. the problem is, the frame makes it impossible for the light to fit, even straight on, and it gets worse while turning.

So i was thinking, is it a bad idea to cut off this here little piece of the frame, it was only used for the original fairings ant stuff but im not gonna use it anymore anyway. im just thinking so im not making a big misstake here.. ?

I wanna get it to a nice fit like this, and be able to ride it without no problems. In this picture the light is stuck straight to the frame, and the cables for the light are not on aswell so thats gonna add even more to the problem.

I have seen many others 636 streetfighters but i've not seen this problem. so im kinda wondering if theres any other good solutions?? well ofcourse there is other front lights but i still want one with this supermotard look :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't really know, just taking a stab in the dark, but are you certain that doesn't lead anywhere? Appears it could possibly be intake ducting, but I wouldn't know for sure. If it is, you'll probably want to leave that open
well ye it is the intake to the airbox. but as i've seen many others zx636 streetfighters with frontlights covering this particular part so i figured it wouldn't be a problem. for exampel this bike

this is the look im going for! maybe i will just try to make some sort of spacer distance piece to fit the light a little further from the frame...

·
boostin
304 Posts
if it helps i cut that much off my 04 zx10 to make my headlight flush and its held up fine after many many wheelies, and 04 zx10 frames are prone to cracking, but not in that area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if it helps i cut that much off my 04 zx10 to make my headlight flush and its held up fine after many many wheelies, and 04 zx10 frames are prone to cracking, but not in that area.
Oh so you did actually cut it off.. well my guess was that it wouldnt be any big deal anyways. But i came up with another solution i just fitted the light in at a little longer distance. But its all coming together now anyways! Only lacks the black color on the green fairing and the cooler :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts