Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 96 Suzuki GSXR 750, its my first bike and I love it. The only probably I'm having is the upper fairing, is to "blocky". On the newer style bike's, where the Air ducts are, its sweep back, but mine is just squared off. I'd like to put a yamaha R1 upper fairing, and lower fairing's. I'm wondering how hard it will be to fit those fairings to my bike. I"m wanting to do alot more to it, but for now, I'm just trying to figure out how to put newer fairings on my bike. Is their anybody on here, that lives close to avery, TX?? Avery is right between Paris and Texarkana. Thanks for any help

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
I'm sure you could make brackets to make them fit. But I don't think you'll find to many people here putting fairings on. How about you just take them off and fighter it.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
the gsxr and r1 are very different bikes. If you put the r1 fairings on it probably wont look how you think in your head. If you want something different airtek makes this hornet kit for your bike.

not my taste but some like it.
http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/suzuz/GSXR7501996-99.htm

you could also get a race fairing and cut a single hole in it, endurance style, and run a single projector beam. Cleans up the front a bit.

heres your side by side. You can make anything work but id buy some trashed body work thats been slammed down the road to mock up first before you spend the change on nice stuff and find out it looks off.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Fab an upper fairing stay. Make sure the new fairings are wide enough to fit around the old bike first. You'll probably need custom gauge mount too. If you want to fit lowers, you just have to fit them against the upper and make sure they're not rubbing on anything.. may have to shave off bits.

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
When you mount the upper, make sure you can move the bars lock to lock with nothing touching. After mine was finished I found the front brake master would just touch the faring, because the bike was on a bench.

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
as previously stated, anything will fit with enough modification.

and to answer I seem to be one of the closest one to ya, and I am in Houston.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
katana john, you just had the upper on there, mounting all the bodywork is a different story. not trying to take away from it by any means but the height of the fairing and the width of the two bikes are going to require some serious mods.

i actually was trying to do this at one time but my better judgement held me back
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/maperez/GPz/Oct20_03.JPG

·
OLD GUY's RULE
4,642 Posts
Yah I can understand why you'd have second thoughts SHIFT.
It's way to high and looks kind of odd.
There was a slingshot GSXR in Streetfighters Mag some years ago that had a Kawi zx11 full upper mounted. And I rember seeing one like it in Vancouver BC about 4 or 5 years ago.
So what plans do you have for the GPZ?

I'v seen those ugey ass kits in vancouver. Two brothers had one each, One was yellow and the other was that camelion shit colour that flips green purple.
Then they showed up at Daytona Motersport in Surry BC.And anything Clayton has is garbage...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
nice kawi...

if you are trying to fit fairing on a bike...you may be on the wrong forum lol

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
there's a company making a "kit" to mount an '03 gsxr style upper on a earlier gsxr. matter of fact, there's one at my house right now. personally, fairing might as well be a 4 letter word, lol. but if you wanted an updated look, that's the easier way to do it.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts