Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting a project, and its my first. I am getting alot of my ideas for this bike from juma's JF build http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38509 I am thinking the same thing for the swing arm but for the front end i am doing something a little diffrent. I don't know what yet. Last i want the origanl seat from the FJ. I have been riding a SECAII for some time and the classic Yamaha seat for two works, its soft and feels nice on my bottom parts. I'll start posting pictures soon.

Reactions: ultimate fighter

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So this is what i am working with. If you cant tell i have my work cut out for me. lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heyy i am open for ideas and thoughts, I am thinking the single swing arm from juma's build. Different forks. Black on black, with some green trim. Maybe something cool on the gas tank

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thoughts on a turbo charger?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First start today, its got a real low sound to it. not like a hum either more harly sound and less streetbike. I am not liking it. but its running.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
doing some research and the vfr weighs 100 pounds less then the fj. I am worried it will bend or break under the weight if i start riding wheelies and stuff. :-(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:knucks::knucks:so i got the wiring taped up and run cleaner then it was. I am still waiting on the chain and filters before i get to far. I wana get it running. I did find out though that the clutch leaks hydraulic fluid. so ill need a new one. I am going to post a thread i am selling some parts the dude gave me. there gsx-r parts and I am not going to use them. A gas tank, some plastic, swing arm extensions and berings for something. So message me if you want them.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got all the parts in. Exhaust bolts, clutch parts, chain, air filters. All that nonsince. and it started to snow in Ohio. What luck. today isn't to bad i am hoping to get out. :D I am no where near done with this project. I just want to be sure its worth the work.

·
V-4 for 4 life
1,707 Posts
might take that bar in front of the bike and remove all the tabs so it looks cleaner...

i also think the sub frame and that monster of a rear set bracket should go ( sub frame looks bolt on?)

if you think the ssa is too weak just brace it it should work out, it shouldn't be that weak its gone on alot of bikes some heaver than the vfr

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ thanks man I was planning on doing the subframe up. The engine is comming out in the next couple weeks when i have a min or 2. I finally got it out of the barn i had to move some stuff around. I pushed it up to the house, jump started it.... :) it started. I thought this would be a good time to ride it dirty a bit. I got it up and around the corner and went to shift to third and it stalled out. I did have the choke up all the way i think thats the problem because i got home. Jumped it again and it started. i drove it back to the barn again. So now i know it works I am going to do paint and mods. here are some updated pictures

Just want to be sure i did everything right

the KX125 is a project to. I am going to get that back going today for one last sunday fun day before snow. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think because of money and time. The SSA is going to be last. I want a clean riding bike before i drop alot of money on new tires and that piece of gear. looking over Juma's build it looks like the shock from the VFR swing arm went into his subframe so Thats going to wait to. After the holidays are done and i have some extra money from teaching snowboarding to little fat kids ill get a gsx-r front end for it. and by then ill have the engine out and the frame clean up, sandblasted and painted. I am doing black on black on black on black :)

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
One tip about those gsxr forks. They will be very short. Juma used 929 forks which are about 15the mm longer. To correct this drop triples are needed OR you will bottom out frequently. If im not mistaken 95-99? Zx9r forks share a a similar stem size/ bearing size and would be easy to swap PLUS its got the length needed.
Cheers

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha thanks man, I almost got gsx-r 750 forks but now i wont HAH

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UF did you finish you FJ build?

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
Not really. I was close then I parted it out partially and im using the motor in my kz650 :)
Already did the 1267cc bigbore replaced second potlrted and flowed head. It will power wheelie with ease.

I couldn't bring myself to get rid of the frame. Maybe one day ill bring tit back.

I loved the bike in stock form

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am not a fan of the plastisc on it. TOO 90's for my style. But I just got that KX running. Some two stroke fun. MAN thats a feeling :) having a project for a couple months then ripping it around the yard. I got to pull the clutch cover off and replace the shifter spring i heard it pop out. BUT SHIT SUNDAY FUNDAY Tomorrow man. Last good off road day

1 - 20 of 61 Posts