Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, all the plastics already on e-bay and I'm ready to get going. I just finished shortening the can, my lights have arrived (I'm trying a 100W aircraft landing light and the other a 55W, both 4"). I also picked up a couple ammo boxes from the local army surplus so I can fab a battery box and probably stuff some other wiring harnesses in there too. I've got lots of ideas, just have to do them. I'll keep posting pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else get gas in their mouth taking the tank off?

I've got some headlight brackets mocked up, need to use thicker material for the real thing though. I just used some P-clamps and left over ammo box metal. Battery box turned out nice but the lids going to be a bitch, lots of room in there to hide wiring and such. I'm pluggin' along and it may someday be rideable.......:letsride:

Attachments

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
Awesome! Those P-clamps are elusive, I couldn't find them anywhere and wound up using conduit clamps instead. Looks good though!

Cool idea for the box, I should do the same, just to live up to my namesake :D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the positive feedback fellas! 7.62 ,those P-clamps didn't elude me, we have a huge parts room at work and they don't mind if we yoink a few things (I could help out some local guys too if they need random shit). I'm spoiled.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I just saw the rest of your post. Yes you should do the ammo box. Its mega easy.....-make one out of cardboard, buy ammo box $15, trace..cut...fold..rivet(I can't weld). That metals easy to work with, it bends like juicy fruit. Don't be like me and get one that says "Blanks" on the fuckin' side though.:(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya, it's just the ammo box and I have a tab that keeps the battery from moving around. I've got lots of room to hide other shit too. So... ammo box, with a 2inch wide cut in the end towards the front of the bike that I can lay wiring through. I dunno, it works and the seat will hide imperfections.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Cool man, I hope you don't mind if I try something similar. I'll of course add my own unique touch :D

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
:metal:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Katana is my ugly ex-girlfriend now. I got a great deal on a '06 Z1000, so I'll be playing with that for a while. I've got the Kat ready for paint and my tiny little bike speedo came in. I'll post some pics later.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
NICE

Z1000's are on my one day wishlist too

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
there sure seems to be a lot of fighters in red deer. we are all going to have to get together one day..
Fuckin rights!

Also, there's a guy in Red Deer named Marshall who has a small airbrush outfit called Air Art. I have his card somewhere. He was a good customer of mine at my old shot and had a PIMPED Vmax. Velocity stacks, et al. He told me to keep him posted on 'fighter events in the area.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts