Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Eff Tee Pee
29,545 Posts
dont forget boxes! it holds onto boxes like a mo-fo.

yah i killed that poor vee dub. jumping train tracks. no exhaust. girls dancing on it...and the eventual blown headgaskets over and over.then crack.

· (cheers smiley goes here)
4,373 Posts
YZFwants2FIGHT said:
Just my input, but as far as wrapping your headers, hope your bike is never in the rain or left outside. The water soaks in and around and clings on to the pipe until it rust. Give it about a year..... I'll show pics as soon as I find them of a set of headers after the header wrap was removed.... Just my advice, do what you like, just trying to help.

I DID repaint it first in high temp exhaust paint and heated it up to let it cure a little if that will help ?? pluss my bike don't see much rain. I'm actauly building this bike to stunt. As good as it's gonna look, I'm going to destroy it in a year or two and build it again anyways ???

· All star !!!
6,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We'll see if I have to sue it or not..there may be some other issues the exhaust I am planning. Good thing I have a back up kick ass exhaust plan anyway. Either way, it'll be better than stock. :ninja:

· Registered
2,101 Posts
catman said:
I DID repaint it first in high temp exhaust paint and heated it up to let it cure a little if that will help ?? pluss my bike don't see much rain. I'm actauly building this bike to stunt. As good as it's gonna look, I'm going to destroy it in a year or two and build it again anyways ???

Well, in your situation, with the high temp paint and admitting your gonna be abusing the bike anyhow, I would say go for it. But in general, the exhaust wrap isnt theb est idea even though it looks sexy as hell..

· Registered
1 Posts
There's a silicone spray that you use on the exhaust wrap and nearly every wrap package tells you on the instructions to use it on the wrap to water proof it and keep it from dry rotting but I guess that other guy doesn't read instructions or yes I'm sure it'll get water logged and rust your pipe

· Breaking shit...
3,635 Posts
There's a silicone spray that you use on the exhaust wrap and nearly every wrap package tells you on the instructions to use it on the wrap to water proof it and keep it from dry rotting but I guess that other guy doesn't read instructions or yes I'm sure it'll get water logged and rust your pipe

dude.... you stirred up a 16 year old thread for that gem?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts