14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
discuss away

Reactions: 929_adam

·
******* Dumbass
5,796 Posts
Re: Flints Project Testbed, RC51

I still don't believe you got that frame for what you paid.

·
Yut-Ughhh
1,651 Posts
Re: Flints Project Testbed, RC51

Wow man AWESOME DEALS! unfawkinbelieveable!

I wish I had known about this place before I bought my bike.... coulda saved so much money just building it from the ground up. I mean who was I kidding thinking I could leave something with a motor alone!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
link please ;) and some damn pics!

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
22 Posts
Re airbox....get a glass fibre or carbon one that seals under the tank, Durbahn is probably the best...but probably also the priciest. Big HP gains with the larger airbox on twins.

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re airbox....get a glass fibre or carbon one that seals under the tank, Durbahn is probably the best...but probably also the priciest. Big HP gains with the larger airbox on twins.
i was actually thinking of building one myself. kinda needed a stock airbox to base it off of. there is a company that sells carbon air boxes out of australia but they still cost 350 bucks. cant handle that right now.

Reactions: ROBBO

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
i was actually thinking of building one myself. kinda needed a stock airbox to base it off of. there is a company that sells carbon air boxes out of australia but they still cost 350 bucks. cant handle that right now.
Build it mate ...( the eccentrics are fookin a+)

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
RC51=runs better on stock airbox/filters with no internal engine mods. There are no big horsepower gains by changing the airbox on these. If you want to try and duplicate the durbahn airbox, that's fine, but you'll probably gain less than half a full horsepower, if you don't lose any by not having a tune on it. If it were me on these RC motors its either all or nothing, I'd personally stock box it, add some pipes, and PC it. And then leave it alone so you don't end up with a motor like mine...

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how are you going to get a title for the frame? Or do you not care about that?
Not real concerned with it. I can apply for a salvage title through the state of maryland. Otherwise I will title it through one of the states with lax title laws

Reactions: ROBBO

·
King of Catastrophe
360 Posts
<n00bsauce>what are the milled up "eccentric adjusters"?</n00bsauce>

-pat

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
I see the photos now.:thumbsup: Sounds like you have some real good ideas but the big question is will you finish it..??

I just picked up a set of very nice SP2 wheels with Braking rotors for $525. I pick them up on saturday. I really only wanted the rotors but ended up taking the wheels as well because of the price and I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set of wheels for track days. Also the SP2 wheels are a little lighter than my stock SP1 wheels. Anyway, I would consider selling you just the wheels for $400 if your interested.

Also.. listen to Stunt when it comes to making the RC run properly, he knows this bike very well.. I went with BMC filters, PCIII and slip-ons but if I would have talked to Stunt before I did everything, I would have stuck with the stock filters. The PC definately smoothed things out and is worth the money.:thumbsup:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,620 Posts
<n00bsauce>what are the milled up "eccentric adjusters"?</n00bsauce>

-pat
go look thru smokers rd build. ;)

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just picked up a set of very nice SP2 wheels with Braking rotors for $525. I pick them up on saturday. I really only wanted the rotors but ended up taking the wheels as well because of the price and I figured it wouldn't hurt to have a spare set of wheels for track days. Also the SP2 wheels are a little lighter than my stock SP1 wheels. Anyway, I would consider selling you just the wheels for $400 if your interested.

Also.. listen to Stunt when it comes to making the RC run properly, he knows this bike very well.. I went with BMC filters, PCIII and slip-ons but if I would have talked to Stunt before I did everything, I would have stuck with the stock filters. The PC definately smoothed things out and is worth the money.:thumbsup:

I'm lookin for something different for wheels. but if it comes down to it I may pick up the sp2 wheels from you as thats a hell of a deal and i keep getting sniped on ebay on the wheels I want.

·
GURU
3,368 Posts
I'm lookin for something different for wheels. but if it comes down to it I may pick up the sp2 wheels from you as thats a hell of a deal and i keep getting sniped on ebay on the wheels I want.
What wheels do you want?

1 - 20 of 378 Posts