Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/15/1537.asp

The Florida Highway Patrol on Thursday showed off a trio of high-powered sport motorcycles it had recently seized, including the $9300 Yamaha YZF-R6.

"All the law says is we get the tag number, we just come and pick up the bike," Florida Highway Patrol spokesman Kim Miller told the Orlando Sentinel newspaper.

Last year, the force grabbed the rides of 344 motorcyclists, usually claiming that their owners had run from the police -- a felony -- based on a memory of a license plate number. No police car can keep up with either a sport bike's top speed or ability to accelerate, and Florida police have a policy restricting high-speed chases. Although police claim the confiscation policy is done to save the lives of innocent motorists, no automobile driver has been killed by a motorcyclist on the run.

The most common state police tactic is to accuse a motorcyclist of a felony, initiate the seizure proceeding, then drop the charges. This allows police get to keep the sport bike without the effort of a court battle or the danger of a not guilty verdict. Even an innocent motorcyclist will think twice about fighting an an unjust seizure since the felony charges carry jail time and a permanent black mark on more than just the driving record.

Source: Reckless bikers risk losing rides (Orlando Sentinel (FL), 1/6/2007)
this sofa king DISTURBING!!!!

Discuss?

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
Note to Self: Don't ride if Florida.

If that's all true.....that's really fucked up.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Not to self, buy one of those electronic flip up plate brackets if I ever got to FLA to ride......but they have no curves, so why would I...LOL

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
they can fucking eat my ass
theres no fucking way on this planet or any other that id let some cock sucker with a badge take my bike,if he wants it,he has to catch me

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
if they really tried to do that to me i think i would go and put a sugar filled condom in the gastank of every po po car i saw.

fuckers. thats bs.

and to question the facts of that article....r6's are 9700???? fuck that you could get a left over 1k for that much. haaha.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
license plate?? whats that??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
well thats why they make those handy dandy little quick screw plastic plate fasteners.

run it when your just cruisng around town...

dont when your going on hell rides!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Uh.
I got pulled over by a GSX-R1000

The cop stood there talking about my bike for about 15 minutes. You know, never seen a naked busa, blah blah blah

TOTALLY forgot what he pulled me over for.
Oh yeah, no mirrors

sadkfjsdl;jfaaaaargh
3 minutes later you were saying how much you liked the bike skjfa;jfak fuckasdjkfjadsjfasdlfuck

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I got one plate and i use it on both gixxers ?? the hell with it. I always ride with just a headlight and tail light only , I always make it imposible to see my tag. If they do pull me over for bullshit i show them where it's at. If i deside to skoot they can't see it any damn way and i choose my battles ??

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
haelo..you live in florida, so you better not or they'll be pulling people over with your bike somewhere down the raod, after they confiscate it from you.

and i dont reccomend running from the cops to anyone. its a dangerous, scary and irresponsible thing to do...

..and if youre not confident that you can get away, DONT DO IT. cuzs you'll end up 1) eating shit and wrecking your bike 2) in cuffs and losing your license.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Plus, if they pulled me over it'd be for the tag light or the turn signals. I haven't sped since I broke the 7-points barrier on my license :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've only ran a handful of times - and only on my usual twisty mountain route. If they spot me, they've gotta do a 5 point turn to
come and get me - pffffffffft................like I'm going to wait around?

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
:evilred: :evilred: :evilred:
Mikimoto said:
I've only ran a handful of times - and only on my usual twisty mountain route. If they spot me, they've gotta do a 5 point turn to
come and get me - pffffffffft................like I'm going to wait around?
:evilred:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts