Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a octagon one ! I wanted to stay with brushed aluminum. and black on the bike. I wanted one NOONE else had. So i didn't have anything goin on at work for a few hours and went to my uncles work and this is what we came up with. brass fittings and crushed threaded fill bolt. All the grain going in the same direction and exacly what i wanted.

What you's think ??

Attachments

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
sweeeeet. catman...jesus your really setting the bar for the buildoff man. your leaps and bounds ahead of most people, except maybe endo & sev.

good shit. i like it.

reminds me of a pipe i woulda used in like 8th grade. ahahah :hippie7:

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
spyder said:
OH YEAH??!!??!! Im gonna make a triangle one..

Don't give me any idia's i WILL knock it out and have it installed before ya know it !! hahahaha

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If i were to put 2 fittings on the resi ,... Do you think i can use it for both my front brakes and my hand brake as 2 in 1 resi ???

I don't see any reason why not ??
Anyone ??

Got another one ?
What does the little rubber diafram do inside the resi. ?????

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know what the diafram does ??

The rest is just a cup wit a lid and a hole at the bottom ( gravidy fed i guess ) so i don't think it matters.
I don't know that's why i'm askin before i install it ?

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
The rubber inside the cup is a diaphram. Basicly it keeps the cup sealed so the vacume created when you squeeze the brake stays in and also keeps air and water from being drawn in. When you pull the cap off you'll notice that the rubber has been sucked into the cup. Push it back in, tighten the cap down and squeeze the brake again. You'll see what I mean. Using it across 2 master cylinders shouldn't be a problem. Your car uses on for all 4 wheels.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The problem, question is, do i need the diafram i made this one and don't see why i need it. It tightens up with a bolt on the top and a brass fitting on the bottom. I aint got no diafram in the one i made ?????

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,713 Posts
Scrapyard said:
The rubber inside the cup is a diaphram. Basicly it keeps the cup sealed so the vacume created when you squeeze the brake stays in and also keeps air and water from being drawn in. When you pull the cap off you'll notice that the rubber has been sucked into the cup. Push it back in, tighten the cap down and squeeze the brake again. You'll see what I mean. Using it across 2 master cylinders shouldn't be a problem. Your car uses on for all 4 wheels.
yes. you need the diaphragm. it pressurises your fluid basically. just take the one out of your stock resevoir and cut it down to fit.

·
4,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shit !!!
As you can see in the pic we made it with just a fill screw on top and a fitting on the bottom :squid:
Gonna have to maybee make a srew on top so i can use a diafram ...

OK
Gonna have to think about this one again ??????:Stupid:

THANKS !!!!!!!

I was ready to put that thing on ..........:LolLolLolLol: :Stupid: :LolLolLolLol:

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Making a diaphram isin't hard if you have the one from your old resevoir, tell us how it turns out. I'm jealous, I can't make custom resevoirs without getting a new master cylinder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.