Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going everyone? My name is Alex and I'm a first time fighter builder. My 05R1 was hit by a car unfortunately with me on it. It was meant to be a track bike until I sold its replacement and felt the need to have a street ride. I've always liked the Streetfighter look so I tried my hand at fiberglass fabricating for the first time and this is how it turned out...

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Welcome to CF..... Nice r1

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
Reactions: oldrider

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I'm pretty happy with it. Recently had to add a slightly longer angled pipe to the exhaust cuz the first one was roasting my ass. Hopefully this one makes it a bit more comfortable.

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
May I ask, are you extremely partial to the tail going up, I kind of dig the curvy tails myself. Haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Alex! LOOOOOVE the bike! Great job & very sexy! :D Nice intro & you've been REPPED! ;)

·
Once You Go Italian...
210 Posts
yeah I didn't have a stock tail at all and I've always liked the upward swing of a fighter tail although mine isn't quite that extreme.

Thank you sir.
Coolio. I dig ya. Different strokes for different folks. But overall great bike!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts

·
First Time Fighter
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just picked up an extra tank cowl on eBay for cheap with the intention of cleaning up the triple by doing something along these lines...

Shouldn't be too difficult. I hope.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I'm interested to see how you do yours. I'm planning on doing this to my 636. It has same type of tank airbox cover.

I'm thing of cutting the airbox cover and the top of the air box then build whatever "pocket" in them both with fiberglass and running the wiring up through the airbox. Good luck figuring out out I'm really interested to see how you attack it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts