Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually just a noob to the site.

My buddy and I are in the process of building two streetfighters. He is the motorcycle mechanic and I am a welder. One bike is a custom SV 650 frame and motor rolling a 250 rear tire and the other is a GSX-R 750 that we aren't sure if we want to do a barely (street) legal track bike, or full on fighter it out. My daily ride is an 04 R-1.

I like horseback riding, long walks on the beach and all that other crap.

Later,

Dallas

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Welcome to CF.com

Being an SV guys myself..I am also curious to see the Sv custom frame....or did you just mean a custom swingarm to fit that monstrosity of a tire? :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome to CF.com

Being an SV guys myself..I am also curious to see the Sv custom frame....or did you just mean a custom swingarm to fit that monstrosity of a tire? :D
We cut the frame down the middle with the exception of the steering head and jacked it apart. Then we lined up the swingarm pivot and I welded the extra material in place. We have the aluminum tubing to make the custom swingarm, we just haven't bent it into shape yet. I don't have any pics here at work, but I will put some up when I get a chance.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
WELCOME TO THE SITE! THANKS FOR SIGNING UP!

sounds like you guys have some awesome original stuff going on. cant wait to see pics!

keep us posted!

enjoy the site!

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
We cut the frame down the middle with the exception of the steering head and jacked it apart. Then we lined up the swingarm pivot and I welded the extra material in place. We have the aluminum tubing to make the custom swingarm, we just haven't bent it into shape yet. I don't have any pics here at work, but I will put some up when I get a chance.
That is pretty cool. Same method is used to do wide tire kits in the sportsters.

You gonna offset the motor to the left to get the driveline to be square, or gonna do a jack shaft swinger?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That is pretty cool. Same method is used to do wide tire kits in the sportsters.

You gonna offset the motor to the left to get the driveline to be square, or gonna do a jack shaft swinger?
My buddy wanted to do a jackshaft, but after I looked at it, I said, "Why don't we just widen the frame?" It works out better if the motor is shoved all the way to the left and we don't have to use a jackshaft.

·
All star !!!
6,714 Posts
Its of course hindsight, being that you already did the frame widening, but how far over to the left was the rear sprocket gonna be?

You might have been able to essentially lengthen the wideness of the sprocket....., offset it by making it bigger, and have the teeth further to the left which would get the job done too..depending on how far it actually had to go. Spacers, longer bolts for the sprocket cover, and a custom( longer) clutch activation rod would be all also have to be modded. :rock:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
any pics yet??? :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts