Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, my buddy and I put together some risers for the Bandit. I was inspired by some pieces I saw on a site, selling for like $125 - but they were just pretty plates that relocated the mounting points for the footpeg brackets. So I figured, why can't I do that (with my friend's help)?

My buddy got some steel stock and hardware after we did some measurements and a quick bit of shadetree designing. He cut the pieces down, we drilled some holes, did some test-fitting, and then he powdercoated the new plates. (Unfortunately, I never thought to take a pic of the plates themselves - I will next time they're off for something.)

As you'll see in the pics, I had to cut a notch in the factory brackets to clear one of the new bolts. We might have been able to find some countersunk bolts but I don't feel that this is a big deal. The new height is roughly one inch up and one inch back. I'm on the lookout for a longer shift rod, but the stock one just barely makes shifting possible - it's just a little uncomfortable to downshift since it's higher at the moment.

Left side:

Right side:

Closer view of right side:

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,666 Posts
so THATS why you want the longer shift rod. haha.

guess what i found. . . 9.5" for ya ;)

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
929_adam said:
so THATS why you want the longer shift rod. haha.

Dood, like, send it over if ya don't need it please :D I still haven't found someone around here that has them in stock. Send me a PM if you want to get rid of it, with your Paypal info and stuff.

Right now, I have to practically do a handstand to kick it down to first LOL Reminds me of the bikes with the old kickstarts (OK, it's not THAT bad or I couldn't be riding it!).

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I say, if you got them where you like them now GODD STUFF :rock:

How's about some nicer pegs ?? :D

·
4,286 Posts
929_adam said:

:wtf:

That just sounds SOOOOOOOOOOoooo WRONG !!! :nuts:

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
Adam if the rod is not long enough for his bike Then let me know what he needs and I will have John make one off for him.

·
4,286 Posts
fotocycle said:
Hey, those are Competion Werkes MotoGP pegs :( Have you seen the stock Bandit pegs? They weigh almost a pound each LOL

Just messin wit ya :LolLolLolLol:

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
trav72, Thanks, I did the rounded corners and wanted the powdercoating so people would have to take a second look before realizing they were homemade ;)

Steve, thanks, I was going to contact you next as someone in another thread recommended you for this as well.

catman, truthfully, I looked for the cheapest ones at the shop that would fit, lol. Anything is better than the double quarter-pounders that were attached to the bike originally. I think I gained an inch of clearance over stock just by removing them! (I wanted the risers because on my first hard turn, I was already scraping my shoe when stock.)

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Sweet idea. So you just cut and drilled plates to make the brackets? I might do something like this to retrofit rear controls from another bike onto mine.

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haelo said:
Sweet idea. So you just cut and drilled plates to make the brackets? I might do something like this to retrofit rear controls from another bike onto mine.
Pretty much. We had to do an extra bit of cutting to clear the master cylinder for the rear brake, but that's the gist of it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts