1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Or vf500 fighter I know he is looking for something to put on his new ninja 650

·
Registered
466 Posts
damn, I wonder how this would look on my bandit!? Looking for a headlight!! that can hide wiring and etc

I currently have a modified ebay mask and its crap. The rubber straps holding it to the forks are too weak so it kind of rattles a teeny bit.
http://www.customfighters.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65683&page=8

would this cowl just need the actua oeml LIGHT, generic mounting brackets and thats it?

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would probably be easier to fab your own backing bracket to just mount it to the forks with some dominators or something. The OEM headlight assembly is like $180 or so new. On the z1000 it bolts to the triples.

·
Registered
466 Posts
It would probably be easier to fab your own backing bracket to just mount it to the forks with some dominators or something. The OEM headlight assembly is like $180 or so new. On the z1000 it bolts to the triples.
So like, make brackets to hold a flat plate? Within that plate, cut two holes to fit projectors? Cover said plate with mask afterwards? Are we thinking the same thing?

sucks the OEM light cant be fitted properly...you sure theres no easy way to mount the headlight/cowl as one piece to the forks?

·
we are 138
6,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll take some pictures of the one on the bike to show you what the stays look like in the morning. If you want.

·
escape from prison planet
2,296 Posts
So like, make brackets to hold a flat plate? Within that plate, cut two holes to fit projectors? Cover said plate with mask afterwards? Are we thinking the same thing?

sucks the OEM light cant be fitted properly...you sure theres no easy way to mount the headlight/cowl as one piece to the forks?
why couldnt you fit your bandit headlight in that z1000 cowl? theyre roughly the same size. then just light it up with HID.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts