Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Yan seems to be able to do pretty much everything & stuff he's made for me in the past has been spot on despite my rough drawings & everything being done over the net

having said that any decent engineer should be able to make them for you, so if yan is busy you could scribble yourself a drawing of whats needed & go searching engineering shops in your local area

Another option is a stepped top yoke & that's what I prefer to do but it can be a bit expensive

·
old fart
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another option is a stepped top yoke & that's what I prefer to do but it can be a bit expensive
Thats what im trying to avoid mate!!! my CBR1000rr forks seem to be the shortest out there, and really need to be around 30-40 mm longer to address handling and ground clearance issues i might come up against :nuts:

·
Premium Member
683 Posts
The only other company I found making them was Extreme Creations but the price is quite steep for what you are getting. It looks like they only make them for the Hayabusa and GSXR 1000.

http://www.store.extremecreations.com.au/fork-extensions

I like the look of the ones you posted but I don't think I would like the idea of them holding water every time I washed the bike or when it rains. The EC ones use an extender bolted to the bottom of the cartridge.

·
10,941 Posts
The only other company I found making them was Extreme Creations but the price is quite steep for what you are getting. It looks like they only make them for the Hayabusa and GSXR 1000.

http://www.store.extremecreations.com.au/fork-extensions

I like the look of the ones you posted but I don't think I would like the idea of them holding water every time I washed the bike or when it rains. The EC ones use an extender bolted to the bottom of the cartridge.
they look good, neat idea, could your turner mate not knock those up Steve?

·
old fart
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yan, going to have a chat with him once my fork caps arrive, see what he has to say :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts