Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I've decided to go for a naked look with my 2012 CBR250R following an accident which damaged the front plastics. Currently I've gotten my hands on a pair of 3.5" Dominator Headlights and a pair of Fork headlight mount brackets. These ones to be precise http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221210994500?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649. I'm a self professed noob and it seems I need to remove the top triple clamp in order to install them? Is this a big job and how should I go about doing this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Jase.

·
Vtwin
3,945 Posts
No need to pull the clamp, just lift the bike via jack or something then loosen the fork clamps and slip them down until you can get the mounts on...just measure and mark the forks before you move em so you can put em back where they were

We have a noob intro section, you should hit it up and formally intro yourself, we all like lots of cool pics:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No need to pull the clamp, just lift the bike via jack or something then loosen the fork clamps and slip them down until you can get the mounts on...just measure and mark the forks before you move em so you can put em back where they were

We have a noob intro section, you should hit it up and formally intro yourself, we all like lots of cool pics:D

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Thanks for the suggestion whiplash, Do you think there'll be any problems with the brake line/ other wiring if I simply drop the forks? And I'll get around to all the cool pics and intro.

Cheers, Jason.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion whiplash, Do you think there'll be any problems with the brake line/ other wiring if I simply drop the forks? And I'll get around to all the cool pics and intro.

Cheers, Jason.
Just be wary of the lines and wiring. Again pics here would help as we don't all know exactly where your wiring and brake lines are routed. Just be sure not to stretch them to breaking point. You may have to loosen off your brake lever if you don't have enough slack

Cheers and good luck :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts