Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i know nothing about forks. i can rip the motor and trans apart and lick the bearings and put it all back together but i know nothing about forks. my guy here took mine standard forks apart and basically squished the spring and stopped it so it lowered my front end 2 inches without raising my trees. but now i want usd's. anyone know anything about chopping forks so the outer case is actually 3 inches shorter. i know mccoy motorsports does it on all those r1's.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
uh... call mcoy :D

i've never done it, mainly b/c i don't have any of the equipment i'd need to do it. might have to shorten the cartridge/spring/stanction tube too, not sure, like i said, never tried it before. i'd imagine if you shortened JUST the outers on an usd fork, it'd bottom out too early.

if your trying to go inverted anyway, why not just use a set of forks that are already shorter than where you're at now?

·
is not your fucking bro
7,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is mine lowered 2 and a half. its where i want it. i dont know about buying shorter ones. i dont have many around here to measure.

·
GURU
1,797 Posts
How long are those forks? Throw on some R1 forks :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts